2023 World Championships & Pan American Games Team Trials (USA)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There’s not a lot of point in Ruby without one, even in the context of the 5th spot being near enough chosen by default. And being already qualified gives them a great opportunity to see what happens.
I guess they could put her up 4th with three strong DTYs from Alice, Ondine, and Jess, then have her gamble with the Amanar.

The other option could be Ondine, Jess, Ruby (Amanar), and Alice -if Ruby lands it, she goes for the Amanar, if not go for the DTY.

That said they don’t need to play it safe at all in qualifications, so maybe they both show an Amanar and then see how it goes for team finals.

The other thing to consider is AA qualifications. Assuming that Ruby is doing VT/FX and GMF is doing UB/BB, Alice and Ondine should be fighting for that 2nd AA slot. Alice won’t want to risk a fall on an Amanar if it is close between them

I hope they use Ruby in the TF for vault, even with her DTY. She can outscore Alice and it also makes it so she doesn’t have to AA. If the amanars don’t go well, I think it will be Ruby, Ondine and Jess (Cheng)

I am so curious if Chiles and Carey will show up at camp looking ready and if Lincoln and Miller can show the consistency to be included on the team.

If Miller misses even 1 of 2 days on UB, she won’t make the World team. The 11 she put up at Nationals really makes an already slim chance at the World team more unlikely.

She would need 14.6+ both days of camp to even be in the running. What she scored for a hit routine at Nationals won’t be enough.

Not sure whether they’d put Ruby up on floor over GMF or not. There isn’t really clear water between the two. GB finish on vault, so they might not want an inexperienced gymnast throwing an Amanar as her first ever routine in major competition.

I kind of hope Alice does do the Amanar in qualifications, because she often seems to be dealing with fatigue over multiple rounds of competition.

I am really disappointed that USAG is charging to view the selection meet rather than putting it for free on YouTube, which would also help with transparency.

And $15 nonetheless.

Do we get to watch anything else for our $15?

Looks like there will be at least live scoring. And hopefully USAG uploads the routines later on youtube.

Recent and old competitions are available.
IMG_8084

IMG_8083

Last edited:
I’ve bought trials coverage. Late night for me but I won’t be able to sleep knowing there’s gymnastics going on anyway.

My current team is Biles, Jones, Blakely, Wong, Roberson vs Lincoln (depends if JR can match early season floor scoring and FX vs VT priorities, how KL does on both floor routines). Alt: Chiles vs DiCello.

I think Carey needs two good days to have a chance. I expect Chiles to be stronger than at nationals and make the decision tough.

Looking forward to seeing if/how tonight changes things.

Last edited:
The stream hasn’t started. eta: Spencer has a stream but i got nothing.

NOW!

I’m watching 2023 Women’s Artistic World Selection Camp - Day 1 on FlipNow

Quality of image is great. warmups on beam showing.

Last edited:
It feels like we’ve seen more slips on vault in the last year or two than we have in a long time.

Rotten luck for Jong to miss a 2nd trials due to injury.

Video quality has been fine for me. Hoping I can actually hear the names when they’re announced for events, but I’m pretty confident others will be able to ID the people my face-blind self struggles with. $15 is steep, but I’ve spent so long saying I’d pay $10 if they just let me pay by the stream instead of forcing me to figure out what network I have to subscribe to this time I don’t feel like I have much room to complain (as long as it works)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back