2023 Russian Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

wow listy had quite a rough go, fluke on bars, then that beam. The arabian looks legit though, let’s see.

The floors are looking pretty good, not my kind of thing, specially Gelya, but… oh wait I typed too soon. I had forgotten about GHOSTBUSTERS. This is really clever music cause all the older generation, which includes the judges, is going nuts at this I’d think.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Melnikova has tried anything different on bars ? Shes pretty much had this routine since 2016. I assume she’d look sharper were they going World’s. Looking at the other videos I guess the Russians might be feeling a bit demotivated at this point.

I see the Russians in many ways as the modern equivalent of the 90s and early 2000 Romanians at least on bars, they found the formula to get a very high SV, and they are sticking to it

I had to go back to 2014 to find a different release (Tkatchev). I wonder if it’s a consistency thing for Melnikova on bars though. They changed her beam so she could hit it. Maybe this is the bar set she’ll hit the most?

I’d forgotten about Listy’s Ghosbuster’s music! I was watching the first part sort of disappointed that her music wasn’t quirky and weird, and then boom, Ghostbusters.

I mean you can’t blame them, they do hard things and do them well. This is no gogean 97 bb we’re talking about.

Yeah i had read you were comparing them to Romanian bars ca. 99/00, that’s why i thought you meant it as criticism. Romanian bars in 2000 is not a compliment around here

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back