2023 Russian Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m sure it’s limited to 3 for wag, 3 for mag, 2 for rg. I don’t know about trampolining. The athletes are still registered to RGF, it’s only for limits on finals where it becomes less clear what would happen

Sorry, 3 gymnasts per WAG/MAG is correct. Apparatus WC is max one gymnast per NOC per apparatus, not overall.

I think the limit applies, as it did in past Olympics under a neutral flag. That would be a strange loophole to take advantage of.

When I was like 16 I came across Hana Ricna’s floor for the first time ever and I became OBSESSED after looking through year after year and seeing it was THE SAME ROUTINE every time. Like, it became my personality for a week or two.
Sorry, 3 gymnasts per WAG/MAG is correct. Apparatus WC is max one gymnast per NOC per apparatus, not overall.
Seaux, depending on how things shake out for Mexico at Pan Ams and Worlds, there is a possibility that Alexa Moreno may have to go the world cup route for Paris. If Russia is allowed back, there is a direct target on Chuso if Listunova or Melnikova decide to do vault on the WC circuit. Chuso has been just getting by this season, so she’ll really need to be in as good of condition as she can manage next spring.

It would be something if Chuso gets knocked out by the Russian athletes when she agreed that they were being unfairly targeted based on her IG likes.

Last edited:
When I was like 16 I came across Hana Ricna’s floor for the first time ever and I became OBSESSED after looking through year after year and seeing it was THE SAME ROUTINE every time. Like, it became my personality for a week or two.
You should do that again sometime. I think it would be an enjoyable experience for everyone.

And yeah, the mere thought of Chusovitina getting knocked out of the Olympics by one of the Russians is probably enough to melt the gymternet.

A question about these spots. They can only do one apparatus or can they compete AA if they qualify for the olympics

The same rules as any other athlete who qualified by this route. They can compete AA.

A question about these spots. They can only do one apparatus or can they compete AA if they qualify for the olympics
I hope they can do AA and I feel it’s only fair that they can because of how much is required to make it to the Olympics as an individual to begin with. Especially for a first year senior. They need to bring back the year-before exception to the age limit if they’re going to put damn near 90% of the Olympic qualifying spots in the two years before.

somehow I thought someone said the Jade qualified last time where she was able to do AA was no longer the case. I probably misread it. thanks

You may be thinking of qualifications to 2023 World Championships. Individuals who qualified to Worlds via the World Cup series can only compete on the events they qualified on at Worlds. Prelims at Worlds are jammed to the brim trying to fit the competition into the least amount of days possible to save on hosting costs. It’s why we have subdivisions running up close to 11pm at night now.

The Olympics (which has much less athletes) has room in the schedule to allow for all the individual qualifiers compete AA.

Last edited:
It’s different for worlds. But at the Olympics, athletes competing as individuals can decide which pieces they are going to compete

The front pike should be downgraded to front tuck. (-0.1 in D).
Ring position not sure.
Four pauses (-0.4) before Arabian, wolf turn, acro series, dismount.
Four slow connections (-0.4) in switch + switch 1/2, front aerial + ring jump, ring jump + BHS, split jump + wolf jump.
Two wobbles (-0.3 * 2) in front tuck mount, split jump.
Overtime (-0.1)
Without deductions on the elements, it’s already -1.5 in E. Biles doesn’t have pause and usually doesn’t have slow connection. The only problem is adjustment (around 0.2-0.3).

Melnkova had quite the splatfest in the AA final (as evidenced by the thumbnail):

Last edited:
Never understood all the Chusovitina love. I find her gymnastics robotic/stiff and her vaulting sloppy.
Regarding the German team wearing unitards, she apparently said “I’ll never wear a Unitard - I have a great body”.

Yeah, its her longevity. And the fact that she’s been trailblazing for such a long period.

A gymnast qualifying for a world championship when they’re pushing 50 is a stunning achievement however you slice it. Hard not to be impressed with that. Granted, her non gymnastics behaviour over the past couple of years has been, well, less of a stunning achievement.

It’s interesting because her longevity can be largely attributed to her being able to compete for a country that is no longer under the Russian Empire/Soviet rule and therefore no longer part of a gymnastics superpower. And that another sovereign nation gave her an offer she really couldn’t refuse in exchange for her competing for them. So I’m curious at her being so pro-Putin when she’s been able to freely live outside of his rule and as if he was the one who paid for her son’s cancer treatment.

Not many people in German gymnastics have very positive things to say about her

Oh what’s all this? I’m not aware of any of this gossip. I’m going to see if i find any German dirt on this

For those of us who are not part of the Russian or Deutscher Sprachraum, what’s the tea?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back