2023 Russian Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Unsure. She at least did bars and beam.

Last edited:
Interesting song choice from melnikova.
But isnt it risky to pick a worldwide hit? Even more her since she already had copyright issues at the olympics eve

Your prediction that I would find it appalling was correct! I HATE bad montages. FX is so short that it should be one piece of music, maaaaybe 2 if it’s used as an interlude, say, Ponor 2004.

Listunova’s Cheng vault has some decent technique to it — just not enough power to make it reliably without a boost from the coach, it appears.

I was hoping by now Listunova would be more square with the Arabian on beam, but her technique does not lend itself to that… I’m thinking it should go. But I’m nervous her ankles will go sooner… those bhs’s…

Melnikova was struggling a lot with motivation in the past couple of months. I read she took some time off too, so I expected her routines – especially bars – to be even scrappier. But she was good

I really love Melnikova’s floor. It’s the gayest floor routine we’ve seen since Diego Hypólito won silver on floor in Rio

It’s the gayest floor routine we’ve seen since Diego Hypólito won silver on floor in Rio
I really love Melnikova’s floor. It’s the gayest floor routine we’ve seen since Diego Hypólito won silver on floor in Rio
I have seen gayer, but I respect this as a historical precedent. He needs a statue.

Fully OT, but let me share I’ve come to kind of resent this talk of “extra” as “gay”, me being a calm, boring-ish yet powerfully attractive gay man myself

Last edited:
Shades of Komova…
Actually I don’t think it’s really the same here.

It must be really difficult for these athletes to keep up motivation when there is no “prize” of a World’s team selection and unlikely to be an Olympics. There must also be additional stresses for some athletes if relatives and/or friends are fighting in the War.

I would not call that precedent! We’ve already had an openly gay Olympic FX champion!

@onodian I don’t think it’s that her routine is extra. It’s that it’s Gaga. LOL Kidding. I would not call that a gay fx at all, but maybe “gay ally”? LOL

Last edited:
I mean its highly likely she won’t get to perform it outside of Russia.

Yeah but since the athletes can compete its essentially an end to a band isnt it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back