2023 European Gymnastics Championship, April 11-16 Antalya, Turkey

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Voinea should:
  1. Do the strug with a stepout before the switch full.
  2. Dump the double tuck
  3. Dance more in the time thereby gained.
  4. work on blocking her triple full upward better (it’s over-flipped)
With those changes, she could score over 14.

She can move well. She does for the limited time she does dance.

Changes I would suggest:
  • Change the set-up before the double L spin. It’s begging to be hit for adjustment deductions
  • side aerial + BHS — change to a BHS swing down to avoid landing deductions on the BHS and do the low-beam choreo right there
  • front aerial + split + straddle. Dump it!
  • Add a creative sequence in relevé there instead
  • Dismount: maybe this? But not starting so far from the end like this gymnast from Iceland, LOL

Last edited:
Why dump the front aerial - split - backhandspring (not straddle) ? When she makes it, it seems fairly deduction free. She made it cleanly in QF and in the past as well.

I kind of miss her kochetkova. Side aerial + kochetkova would be awesome. I know thats like, fairly difficult though 🤣. I would be on board with her changing one of the bhs to a bhs swing down. I love how quickly she gets into her dismount, I can’t think of another gymnast today that is able to keep their routine moving that quickly and fluidly. Her routine is breathtaking

Maybe I’m paranoid about deductions, but I feel like judges will find a couple tenths to deduct even in that video posted. And removing it would give her more time for creative choreo. So in the end maybe it’s a wash when she hits like, but that finals routine, it would definitely have been a couple tenths better for her to dance.

If you listen please let us know if it’s anything worth repeating.
They spent three minutes on Euros and are taking next week off. They will discuss Euros when they are back (first week of June).

I’m just going to come out and say I’m not a fan of Jess’s fx routine. I just… there’s a lot of movement and she looks good doing it, but I just don’t understand what are they going for. Particularly egregious is that bit where the music is just this winding down sound and she’s full-on going headstand back handspring look at me I’m moving yeah now I’m going the other way gogogogo what’s going on.

So…

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Idols Global

Particularly egregious is that bit where the music is just this winding down sound and she’s full-on going headstand back handspring look at me I’m moving yeah now I’m going the other way gogogogo what’s going on.
I never would have noticed this but now it’s glaring lol the “music” stops for 6 full seconds and she’s just going back and forth back and forth on the ground to nothing. Reminds me of Kupets’ crab walk section from '04.

To add something positive, the part before that isn’t bad. Where she’s on her feet going across the floor (after the leap series.) At least the arm movements are hitting beats there.

Last edited:
As the gymnternet’s favourite GB-IRE-ex USSR tri-national, I should like Jessica and Jennifer. I want to like them. But I can’t.

I’m not judging, I’m just saying, I didn’t expect you to come out and defend her, I know they’re not your cup of tea. You’re just too emotionally invested and void of rationality :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Haha. Therein lies the culture divide of the anglosphere

America: Thinks it’s Irish because of 1 great grandparent born 150 years ago

Britain: well, I’m an Irish citizen and have an Irish passport but gosh no, I’d never actually describe myself as Irish!

I don’t like this new routine. She can dance. But this music and choreography are not redeemable.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back