2023 Asian Games Gymnastics

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Thanks for these. Most interest will be in the final sub I should think. China and Japan, plus Chusovitina vaults in the third rotation.

I see China beat Japan quite convincingly in the MAG. And down to the wire for bronze!

Screen Shot 2023-09-24 at 5.20.29 PM

Zhang Boheng qualified to the AA by 4 points over 2nd place Kawakami Shohei!!

MAG AA “qualifying” - 19 of the 21 gymnasts doing AA qualified, with the 20th and 21st placed gymnasts from Kazakhstan and Thailand only missing out by 2pc.

F6y0uXSXcAA4TkO

I still have not gotten over Team China leaving Zhang Boheng at home during the Olympics after he won their national AA title and was already clearly one of the two best in the world (the other being Daiki Hashimoto)

China sent their best team, and Japan almost did, since Hashimoto was not there.

Taiwan’s result is impressive given that they are missing one of their two big stars, Tang Chia-Hung. (HE tore his Achilles some months back.) This is good because hopefully it means they can qualify a full team to the Olympics! too bad they didn’t do that at the Asian Championships… They also clearly had a bad PBars rotation. It looks like Korea had a bad rings rotation and that Kim Han-Sol fell on vault because he’s world class on that event sometimes.

Last edited:
This is good because hopefully it means they can qualify a full team to the Olympics!
Unfortunately Taiwan finished 6th at Asian Championships and did not qualify a full team to Worlds.
Out of Asian Games was China, Japan, Korea, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan.

Last edited:
Sorry, I am totally confusing Asian Championships and Asian Games.

Sigh.

It doesn’t appear to be on the Kazakhstan sports network (they are showing wrestling though)

Last edited:
This Twitter account has a few videos from today’s WAG team competition:

https://twitter.com/yuhangyuan_

More here: Sina Visitor System

Team results: https://info.hangzhou2022.cn/resAG2...R_C73B_GARW------------------QUAL--------.pdf

Beam was a bit of a disaster for China.

AA results: https://info.hangzhou2022.cn/resAG2...-_GAR_C73H_GARW1AA---------------QUAL--------.

Zhang Jin must be the heavy favorite for Wednesday’s AA final. I’m really pleased that Zuo Tong also qualified. She’s nicer to watch than Zhang Xinyi, IMO.
Additional results: Artistic Gymnastics - Subdivision 3 Results

Last edited:
Chusovitina’s vaults

She did the piked barani and Tsuk full. Neither were massive actually but I’m guessing she’ll want to upgrade for the final.

In a world where COVID numbers are spiking yet again, can I confess that I am massively grossed out by the amount of spitting and hand-licking going on there?

As for the vaults, perhaps she wanted to go simple and clean to qualify and decide what to do in finals from there?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back