2023 Asian Games Gymnastics

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m sad she didn’t vault the kas half she’s done forever.

But she’s less than 2 years away from being 50, so it’s remarkable what she did vault!

I still can’t get over that she’s almost 50 and vaulting handspring front fulls.

I think my favourite part is she actually looks middle aged now. Not 48 perhaps, but this is clearly someone who’s blown out more than 40 candles on a cake. And then she busts out a Kas!

I missed this historical news! At the 2023 Asian Games, Nagham Fady El Shorafa, a Palestinian-Canadian rhythmic gymnast competed as the first gymnast to represent Palestine at the Asian Games. Cheers to her. She said, "I am incredibly honored and excited to represent Palestine in the 2023 Asian Games. This opportunity means the world to me, and I am determined to use it to bring attention to the incredible talent that exists in Palestine. Through my participation, I hope to pave the way for more Palestinian athletes and demonstrate that with determination and perseverance, we can achieve our dreams, regardless of the challenges we face. Together, let’s make Palestinian sports shine on the global stage.”

Here is video of her competing 5 years ago as a junior:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back