2023 Asian Games Gymnastics

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Even ignoring communicable diseases, rubbing your spit all over the apparatus is gross. Other people are using that and don’t want your body fluids with or without diseases. Get a squirt bottle for God’s sake.

I thought at one point – 2021? – there was a rule prohibiting using your own spit at FIG events… can anyone corroborate this?

I thought at one point – 2021? – there was a rule prohibiting using your own spit at FIG events… can anyone corroborate this?
Yes, but it wasn’t a rule. It was part of the COVID mitigation protocols, as was having their own chalk bins. COVID tests were also.
But I believe the COVID protocols were dropped.

I walked into a heavily Arabic hookah shop I sometimes work from, they always play Arabic commentary soccer… in time to see a north Korean gymnast fall on floor. For some reason theyre streaming the Asian games here. I had to do several double takes.

I’m concerned about all the knee injuries given that Japan chooses its Olympic team crazy early in the year. Are these ladies going to be healed and rehabbed in time?

Aww, Chuso finished 4th in VT Finals behind two North Koreans and China’s Yu Linmin. I’m sad.

Does anyone know what 2 vaults Chusovitina performed in the EF?

Handspring front 1/1 with a jarring landing (submitted a layout but credited as a pike) and a pretty clean Kasamatsu.

Listen, Chuso is just going to keep getting worse at this point — possibly rapidly.

Yeah, im not seeing another Olympics for her if 4th at this competition is what she can do these days. Her technique always had some issues and her form was never good enough to make up for it. If age is slowing down her run, well that would put harder vaults out of reach. Did she ever do a DTY? Feels like you can podium at lower level events with a solid DTY + another vault.

No she did not ever do Yurchenkos. She recently started training roundoff half-on but I don’t think it got really far yet.

Ting Hua-Tien’s bronze on beam today is Taiwan’s first ever WAG medal. Taiwan competes at Worlds on Sunday evening, and since it’s at least a 10-11 hour flight, I imagine she got the earliest flight possible. I’m exhausted just thinking about it.

Okamura Mana’s BB gold is the first gold for Japan since 1990. Her AA silver and Serita’s on UB are also Japan’s all time best result on those events.

Kim Su-jong repeated her AA bronze from the last Games which were 5 years ago! I wouldn’t have expected her to still be around.

I think China will be disappointed to not come away with UB/BB gold here. They do remain undefeated in the team event extending their streak to 13.

I don’t recall seeing any training videos of it since 2022 either. She said she was declining the worlds spot last year to work on the Omelianchik entry vault, but there doesn’t seem to have been any recent mention of it.

She is, I think, on the obvious downward slope now.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back