2022 World Gymnastics Championships Team Qualifications (Saturday 10/29 SD 1&2- Sunday 10/30 SD 3-10)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

China might make it up on UB, but they completely dived on BB (although still scored a 39+ there)

Pedrick almost down on 1.5-triple, but I will say, first routine where I feel I can kind of understand what music she’s performing to

Reactions: L_R
I was very confused because one of the all arounder individuals looks to be wearing a union jack in her leo, but I think she’s probably from the commonwealth somewhere
All arounders in sub 5 are from Puerto Rico, Turkey, Costa Rica, Cyprus, and Singapore.

With those 12s and 10s, they shouldn’t even be in TFs, IMO, but they’ll squeak in.

I mean 12s on beam aren’t that crazy these days. The 10 is classic China, but yes, I expect them to sneak in.

Ellie on floor, this is pretty wild choreo to watch without sound. I sure hope the music justifies this somehow.

Ellie Black’s choreography is…interesting. Especially without the music for context.

2dd7772bb4ae1b52a875dfe7821f0a6b9ed91145.gif

turner from CAN 13.3 on floor, that did look lovely. The tumbling was generally lacking though, other than denomme who had a big DLO and seems to be working towards 1/1 to full-in

yeah, not good. Still, ahead of Canada 118.231 to 118.096

Even with those scores, they are the second best team so far on beam. They’re currently third on floor (behind Canada) and fourth on vault (behind Australia and Balguim, with Canada yet to compete)

Denommee’s score pushes Canada up to 118.462. China now to bars, Canada to vault. You’d still expect China to come out ahead, but if they fall this could be close. They should both beat Australia though.

Canada has Ellie, any other good vaulters? They might be able to compete with chinese scores? Specially since they might implode and jump off the bar after a kip cast?

Is it Luo Rui or Ou Yushan that has the gorgeous laidout Jaeger with the feet scary close to the bar? Because with the way China has been going today, I’m concerned.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back