2022 World Gymnastics Championship WAG Podium (10/27-10/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Derwael:

So let’s just assume the Tkatch 1/2 is downgraded - what would be her SV? She’s still gotta be competitive AF, right? She looks great.

Is my evaluation correct:

CDDE1DDCX(3 root max, no Shap 1/2 credit)D2 = 5.4

E Panel - I have a 6.6 if you count the hip circle as a fall. I’m not sure how this should be evaluated. It clearly was not the intent.

Is Jade the “team captain”? She’s obviously the most experienced on the team.

Last edited:
Podium training confirms trials pretty much - Shilese, Jordan, Skye should do the AA, Jade on 3 events, and Leanne just on Bars. Or some would say Leanne should be left out altogether, but her potential on Bars is still better than Jade’s; I think it’s worth putting her up there to see if she can be top 3 for the team event.
E Panel - I have a 6.6 if you count the hip circle as a fall. I’m not sure how this should be evaluated. It clearly was not the intent.
Why on earth would it be counted as a fall. It’s a hip circle, a listed element. Empty swing deduction after applies though.

I have: CB(downgrade to 1/2, from D)CA(single turn leg optional, no L)X (switch leap repeat, no credit)DDDD2 = 4.7

E Panel - 5.4 (Artistry 3)

Total 10.1

If she grabs the beam and then falls, does only the fall count? Kill the ring!

So let’s just assume the Tkatch 1/2 is downgraded - what would be her SV? She’s still gotta be competitive AF, right? She looks great.
The D score would go from 6.5 to 6.3. As currently being performed, Nina should only be credited with a 6.3.

I think it’s okay as long as most of the other leotards aren’t pink. It’s only a training leotard after all.

wat did Chiles say as she left VT Lopez? “Not today?” maybe she has a Cheng for Event Finals???

Why on earth.
First of all, starting your post like this is unnecessary. My post literally asked for thoughts on whether I had evaluated it correctly:
Is my evaluation correct:
To start a message like you did isn’t in the spirit of this Board.
It’s a hip circle, a listed element.
There used to be example of Yao Jinnan cartwheeling out of a tumbling line and it was considered a “fall on or against the apparatus”. This video is now listed in the same spot:

I guess both a cartwheel and a forward roll are not listed as A elements in the TOE (although a hecht roll is). If that was your point, your response would have been more productive if you framed it like that.

How would you have evaluated that sequence? Would you have given a rhythm deduction in addition to the 0.5 empty swing?

Is Jade the “team captain”? She’s obviously the most experienced on the team.
I would think Chiles would be team captain as she has experience but also she just brings a sense of calm and fun to the team. Carey is more into her performances IMO.

side note: Love Memmel’s interviews, this is a turning point for USAG WAG and I think it is a positive step moving forward.

Wasn’t it nice to see her candid and praising the the entire team? The ladies looked relaxed in the interview which is a complete shift to the robotic/rehearsed interviews they used to give?

I didn’t see the interviews, but it was better than “I just want to go out there and hit four for four…” x 6?

Based on my initial review of the PT videos, I have:
  1. Jones 55.9
  2. Blakely 55.3
  3. Chiles 54.6
  4. Carey 54.0
  5. Wong 49.1
For Qualifications, I would drop Wong entirely. I’d have the other four all do AA. It isn’t fair to Skye to not let her do AA in prelims when you’re only doing it to allow Leanne to go up on bars and beam (where I gave her a 12.0 and a 10.1 respectively). She’s not ok. They need to 2013 Brenna her.

For Team, my lineups would be:

:vt: Skye, Shilese, Jade
:ub: Skye, Jordan, Shilese
🇧🇧 Jordan, Shilese, Skye
:fx: Jade, Shilese, Jordan (even though I had Shilese ahead, I think Jordan is a better anchor)

Two per country for EF, I would have:

:vt: Carey (14.4), Chiles (14.05)
:ub: Jones (14.7), Chiles (14.0)
🇧🇧 Blakely (14.1), Jones (13.1)
:fx: Jones (13.9), Chiles (13.6)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back