2021 Worlds Rosters and PREDICTIONS (added 10/14)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

No you’re not! And I was actually there on both days ffs…

Fan Yilin won bars qualifying with a 14.966. Guan Chenchen was 2nd on beam to Li Shijia. I hope they don’t send the injured squad, although Ou Yushan managed to win AA in prelims, but these two iirc were ok.

It’s interesting that the 2 countries which don’t seem to be experiencing a huge drop off of gymnasts are the 2 who pay salaries- China and Russia

I was there too! The thing I most remember is seeing that Colombian girl landing on her head!!

China announced its nominative roster today: Wei Xiaoyuan, Luo Rui, Li Shijia, and Qi Qi.

I’m guessing that Wei and Luo will do AA, Li will do UB/BB, and Qi will do V/FX.

This is really a nice team, IMO.

From what I understand, China didn’t/does not intend to send the Olympians to Worlds.

Meanwhile, Ou Yushan looks scarily good at the National Games. (She’ll probably crash and burn when medals are at stake.)

Wtf happened to her at the Olympics. She looked so good at Nationals too. Didn’t she get like a 57?

China announced its nominative roster today: Wei Xiaoyuan, Luo Rui, Li Shijia, and Qi Qi.

I’m guessing that Wei and Luo will do AA, Li will do UB/BB, and Qi will do V/FX.

This is really a nice team, IMO.
It’s a great team. I’m ready to give Wei the UB title already, and I don’t think 2 beam medals is an unreasonable hope.

It truly was, I was also there. One of my other stand out memories is being glared at and shushed for cheering Myzdrikova on FX just because Tweddle was leading :roll_eyes: I also remember Marta yelling at Williams’ coach from the stands during VT EF because he hadn’t put the mat in front of the board for her DTY.

Last edited:
I was harassed at a competition for telling a guy off who cheered when non-Americans fell. It’s a thing. Ugh.
Idiot Facepalm GIF

It’s an American* (and I include “the Americas” generally) thing

Have never seen this in Europe.

Brazillian crowds, in particular, can be shocking!

Last edited:
We are mostly quite civilised in Europe. Well, inter regional Russian RG competitions aside.

Netherlands Holland GIF

Sanne Veerman
Naomi Visser
Vera Van Pol
Elza Geurts (VT)
Unsure which of 3 will do AA and which will skip vault for Geurts.
I would let Visser and Van Pol do AA since they each won the AA at one of the two trials.

It truly was, I was also there. One of my other stand out memories is being glared at and shushed for cheering Myzdrikova on FX just because Tweddle was leading :roll_eyes:
During 2011 euros AA in Berlin I was yelling “davai davai” and “stoi” SO LOUD at Dementieva (Seitz was neck to neck with Dementieva and the whole stadium was cheering for her) that I got congratulated by a number of people around me when Dementieva won because they thought I was Russian. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back