2021 Worlds Rosters and PREDICTIONS (added 10/14)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

French WAG team is Devillard, Heduit and Serber.

Twitter

Think we can expect to see Heduit make a run at top 10 AA and Devillard in the vault finals.

Canadian Flag GIF

WOMEN
  • Laurie Denommée, Laval, QC – Méga-Gym
  • Cassie Lee, East York, ON – East York Gymnastics Club
  • Audrey Rousseau, La Prairie, QC – Gym Fly
  • Rose Woo, Montréal, QC – Gym-Richelieu
This is interesting that they have elected 4 athletes as they only requested two slots at Worlds and not all three available. So either no one is doing AA or there will be one AAer and the others each do one event. Do any of them have two vaults?

MEN
  • Zachary Clay, Chilliwack, BC – Twisters Gymnastics Club
  • René Cournoyer, Repentigny, QC – Club Gymnika
  • Félix Dolci, Laval, QC – Laval Excellence
  • William Émard, Laval, QC – Laval Excellence
  • Jayson Rampersad, Oakville, ON – Gymnastics Mississauga
  • Chris Kaji, Oakville, ON – Gymnastics Mississauga
The men are definitely talented. Watched Dolci, Emard, and Kaji at Koper and Mersin World Challenge Cups, they can definitely be competitive. Would be great to see Canada qualify a full team again.

Last edited:
Spain is not competing at Worlds.
Romania, Australia are only sending 2 gymnasts.

I heard a rumor that Belgium was not sending a WAG team.

The Netherlands had their second worlds qualification yesterday
1 Vera van Pol
2 Naomi Visser
3 Sanna Veerman

Looking at both competitions I would take Vera, Naomi, Sanna and Elze. The federation will announce the team sometime this week.

^seriously. Didn’t think I’d be pining for Ragan Smith’s elite gymnastics again in this lifetime.

Romania seniors are pretty beaten up:

Only 4 seniors that are currently healthy to compete:
Laura Jura !!!
Maria Ceplinschi
Luiza Popa
Bianca Dorobantu

Ceplinschi is probably a lock at this point given her Mersin results. Not sure who the 2nd one to be sent would be? Maybe Dorobantu who was 3rd on beam at Nationals. Perhaps Duta will be ok to compete after recovering from Covid. I haven’t heard about Holobura since the Olympics. I wonder if she retired.

Romania is waiting for Puflea, Barbosu, and Voinea to turn senior desperately.

Last edited:
Holbura did indeed retire:

Crazy how many injuries they have. Especially heel injuries? I wonder what could be causing that (or if it’s just a coincidence).

I once thought that this worlds would have a great field because those that had a disappointing Olympics would be motivated to continue given it wasn’t that much more training. However in the end those in that category either have longer term plans (MJDS) or past successes that mean they have other things they’d rather be doing (Biles, Wevers, Chuso). Others are just too darn hurt (Iordache, Saraiva). The spread of medals in Tokyo also means that many gymnasts had a good games so there aren’t too many “what ifs” and gymnasts in this category. Depending on how tired Melnikova is, we could see her winning four medals or it being an incredibly open championships.

Yeah Melnikova could really clean up.

Do we know who China is sending?

Don’t think so yet. They are doing the National Games at the moment, which seems to be the priority.

It would make sense for them to try and get at least a couple of the relatively uninjured ones to worlds, though. Even if it were just Fan Yilin and Guan Chenchen, both of whom appeared to be in decent shape in Tokyo, that’s two guaranteed medals and possibly titles if they hit. I don’t think China have ever managed to win bars and beam at the same championship, have they?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back