2021 Worlds Rosters and PREDICTIONS (added 10/14)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Given how exhausted Melnikova’s coach says she was at the Olympics, I’m not sure how I feel about her being named to the team - at the time it sounded like she had planned to take a break after Tokyo. Hopefully her inclusion was her own choice.

Given how exhausted Melnikova’s coach says she was at the Olympics, I’m not sure how I feel about her being named to the team - at the time it sounded like she had planned to take a break after Tokyo. Hopefully her inclusion was her own choice.
The Rods also said Urazova is not slated for AA (understandable but I am still sad), Minaeva is. Minaeva is cute on bars and floor, but her vault and beam make an AA medal unrealistic, so it looks like it’s up to Gelya right now for a title or medal.

Last edited:
Given that Melnikova had to quarantine a week to meet Putin along with her other engagements I wonder how much training she’s actually been able to do. I guess in her mind she might think it’s a good opportunity to try to be a World Champion. However, this is also Russia and that listing could be changed.

This is about a good a shot as Melnikova is going to get for an individual gold.

I’m not surprised about Listunova. She looked absolutely gutted after the floor final. Although IMO she’s a better AA gymnast than Melnikova.

collateral GIF

Olympic all-around champions Hashimoto Daiki and Uchimura Kohei are among the 10 gymnasts slated to compete at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships later this year, according to the Japanese Gymnastics Federation.

In addition to Hashimoto and Uchimura, the men’s roster will include Kaya Kazuma who also a member of the team that won silver in Tokyo. Yonekura Hidenobu, Minami Kazuki, and Asato Keisuke complete Japan’s men’s roster.

2020 Olympic floor bronze medallist Murakami Mai headlines the team’s women’s roster. Olympians Ashikawa Urara, Hatakeda Hitomi, and Hiraiwa Yuna were also named to the squad.

RUS has announced their MAG and WAG teams for Worlds (for now?), with no Listunova, Gerasimova, or Akhaimova.

Yeah…like this roster isn’t going to change 18 times before October 1st. One of them sneezes the wrong way in practice, Valentina will swap them out and claim the sneeze was lazy.
That or someone is bound to have a tooth abscess…they are long overdue for some dental drama.

My main concern now is that they continue being the Russia we all know and love, and don’t let being the double HBIC get in the way of that. Frankly I’m not emotionally ready for that to change, I wasn’t expecting it until 2022 at the earliest.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back