2021 Euro Preview Thread and Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Thank you for posting. I appreciate it.

I like seeing aggressive gymnastics, and Iordache almost always really does that, but I do wish there was a little more precision in her work. She probably ought to be the second or third best gymnast in the world, but as it is, Andrade and a bunch of Americans are probably going to score better than Iordache when Tokyo happens.

Villa on bars

Hopefully the judges can’t see those huge leg separations on her front giants from the side!!

Alice showing a much upgraded floor

I wonder what they’ll do if she finishes well in the AA… she was on the 2019 Worlds team so she can’t get the +1

Last edited:
I think the spots are given based on qualifications so that everybody can do AA and have a chance to qualify without it impacting who goes for the final.

For Russia, Urazova was in the first session and Melnikova later. I think they have until 24 hours beforehand to finalise the roster, but doing it this way would suggest they want Melnikova in the final sub.

If so, that’s a lot of eggs to put in Listunova’s basket and makes me wonder if Urazova is injured- she was also heavily strapped and only did a double tuck dismount on bars. It really wouldn’t make any sense otherwise. Even if Russia want Melnikova in the AA final, they’re willing to sub when appropriate and if those three get through four routines in one piece they’ll all be top 24.

Iordache’s floor looks pretty good. Not my favorite choreo from her, though. She has very little time to prep before her Gomez. Also, she seems to be going for a switch leap 1.5?

Listunova with her new DLO

Last edited:
FX is probably my least favourite event but every now and again I do find one I love.
This one from Listunova is on the list!

Listonova’s feet really bother me. Her triple full is gross. And FINGERS DOWN THE KEYBOARD 5 TIMES

Iordache has NO set on that full in. It’s kinda scary.

And her choreography really needs a refresh. It’s the same old poses from 2013.

Jessica looking pretty good. Her Silivas is almost a double full I’m back out. Gorgeous Popa too. Although I worry that theyd call a stop between her switch ring to switch full. They need to be careful with that.

Watching these videos, I am so disappointed at the poor execution.

Listunova’s FX is one of the only fairly “clean” exercises in the videos posted. I would not be surprised if she wins if she can perform it like that in competition.

I know its early but I expected more from the Russians other than Listunova’s dlo there weren’t any major upgrades. I’m also assuming Uzarova is injured hence the watered down routines. My concern with her is her beam they need to let go of the idea of her doing connections snd just go with an easier routine. I can see her counting two falls minimum on beam. If Larisa performs like she does today she should grab an Olympic spot I also think Ferrari will surprise us and nab a spot.

Still trying to understand how they qualify for the Olympics. If Larissa gets a spot is it hers because Romania didn’t qualify a team and if Ferrari’ gets the other spot would be a plus 1 for Italy because they did qualify a team?

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back