2021 American Classic (Suni Lee, Grace McCallum, Kara Eaker, + more competing)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

SCS would be embarassed by Eaker’s 3.5 punch front. I’d put money on her blowing her knee out before trials at the rate things are going.

Is that USAG domestic rule that whacks value off the FTY still a thing? Could be why.

I’m pretty sure it also knocks the Y1.5 down from 5.0 to 4.8. Al is simply clueless.

Suni isn’t taped up in those videos. If she has a foot or ankle injury wouldn’t she be taped? At least a little?

I watched the stream. She was also limping after her bar dismount (not taped). Something is a little off with that ankle.

I thought maybe I’d exaggerated how bad it was in my memory, but unfortunately I did not.

What an unfortunate time to be injured. I was hoping it wasn’t so bad for Suni since she didn’t have to tape. Not being able to watch everything stinks.

It’s like they are trying to make all those horrible Twitter/Reddit takes about GAGE AND SKINNER UPGRADES!!1 happen, and it’s a disaster.

Eaker’s floor was top 3 at Stuttgart camp, so their response was to…gut the first two passes and forget how to set a double pike? Wong had a similar strategy.

Last edited:
Is the intent to do it tucked? Or did she go for layout and they credited it tucked?

Last edited:
Not sure why Suni is doing the Double L.

And I’m not sure if it’s because of the ankle injury but her free foot in all her spins is noticeably not pointed…

I know the rule is if there’s a punch front then the judges can forgive the under-rotation.

But she’s not punching out of the triple full. So if that’s short then her next line is worthless.

And I’m not sure how it would work if she doesn’t land feet first out of the 3.5 punch front. Presumably that would then get downgraded to a triple?

Is the intent to do it tucked? Or did she go for layout and they credited it tucked?
intentionally tucked, from what I read. Quick hits from training and warm-ups specified that it was a tucked 1.5, so I assume it was very noticeably tucked.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back