1994 individual worlds

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

blake

I have a question that’s been burning in my mind for a while, hopefully one of you can help me out 🙂

What was the format for the AA at these championships? It looks like there was a separate AA final but it seems to have consisted of 66 competitors which strikes me as really odd for a final, leading me to believe that perhaps the prelims doubled as AA finals, but then the #s don’t add up across the prelims/finals page - unless the QF page lists VT averages instead of 1st/highest scoring vault? Idk
(https://gymnasticsresults.com/archive/90/w1994w.html)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for clearing that up. Interesting that the gym results page has different #s for a QF/Final when there was only one session.

The prelims we’re held across 2 days. There were four sessions each day IIRC. FX/V/PH/UB/SR one day and then V/BB/PB/FX/HB the next but run all at the same time not alternating like EF now. There were 4 gymnasts allowed per team in prelims, but only 3 per AA and 2 in EF.

AA had three sessions with one per federation in each session. Hatagan won the first session and still finished top 8 at the end.

USA sent Borden/Dawes/Fontaine/ and Miller for prelims.

I think the user GutsuFan on YouTube has the British Eurosport coverage of all rounds.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back