Your favourite piece of gymnastics, EVER

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I like the variety of elements and interesting acro moves. It is not the standard paint-by-numbers FX we get these days.

Do we need to defend our preferences or can we just like what we like?’

I also like the FXs posted that have the tumbling lines that go one direction and connect into another tumbling direction. I wish that was allowed (?) these days.

Last edited:
I mean it’s a digression but an opportunity to just randomly post super cool routines… I think maybe some of y’all probably have never seen this wild one from an obscure gymnast!

To add something “new”, this is probably my favorite floor routine. It was my first taste of Soviet gymnastics, years after the fact. I still come back to this one regularly.

Last edited:
The attitude to a back walkover tick-toc is beautiful!

And its nice to see an actual Switch Leap that hit 180 in the 80s and early 90s. Was this the same meet as the Kim Kelly disaster?

Last edited:
That turn is stunning.

Here’s a full length from the ‘89 Chunichi Cup. I believe she’s there Doug, but THAT routine is the following year.

Last edited:
Looking at that Groshkova routine, I despair at Khorkina’s 2003 and 2004 routines where she’s prancing around, yet probably thinking she’s just as elegant and spectacular as those old Soviet masterpieces.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back