WWGYM reunion/reintroduction

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I was Rawles on WWGym, but I have rebranded to the same name I have everywhere else on the internet.

I missed this place!!!

Last edited:
Such a shame. So much of our history on there.

TAAF is crawling with bots at the moment as well, I think it might be a rough few months for the written record of the gymternet.

I’m sad that we have lost the great investigative work that was done around the Chinese age scandal in 2008. More recently, it is a shame that we have lost the Nassar related content. I know that may sound sick and perverse, but I think we all pulled together as a community and there was a lot of compassion and mutual support offered throughout that period. We are a good community and I’m so glad that things are back and running.

So many thanks to those responsible for getting this up and running. I know I’m not the only one who is appreciative that we are all reunited finally!

I still have the webpages where the Chinese age scandal was confirmed.

Do we know how wwgym was hacked and how to prevent the same happening here? I just found you guys again. I can’t handle another separation. I just can’t 😭

Oh wow really? That’s great. I’ve noticed elsewhere there are people who weren’t around at the time have no idea how it unfolded.

I still have the webpages where the Chinese age scandal was confirmed.
Awesome! I wondered about trying to look things up. There isn’t a “History of the Gymternet” out there.

Do we know how wwgym was hacked and how to prevent the same happening here?
While I can’t guarantee that this site won’t get hacked… we keep up on the latest security updates and recommendations for both the site software and our server. We are also in the process of setting up daily backups to a remote location. As of right now… if the site was hacked… we would need to roll back to a backup that was taken last night.

As far as your personal security. Remember that it is best practice to use a different password on every site so that when one is compromised… others are not.

This can easily be accomplished with some sort of password manager software…

I can personally state… I use one and it works great.

Another site to check… https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Last edited:
i think the best way is change passwords frequently, maybe every month and don’t save passwords on computers neither on passwords managers apps because some apps have its backdoors and are a risk . another apps similars are made by chinese developers (frankly i don’t trust on Chinese made apps)

@jorge29 is correct… anything can be hacked… there’s always this.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 6.58.30 PM

Agreed. I am not crazy about these password managers. As annoying as it may be I keep track of my now myriad passwords offline. And back up everything in multiple ways.

Same here Jaja. I’ve had issues with a computer or tablet and needed to access an account from a different device and found it handy to have passwords written down.

It’s great to see everyone!

No, unfortunately we cannot recover WWG. So we decided to start anew. Same spirit, new name.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back