Worlds 2021- WAG prelims

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

If Wong does well at these Worlds, do you think it would be motivation for her to try to do elite and college together?

Ah. Well, scratch all of that, I was entirely wrong!

Beam was a hit, but not enough of one to stop her from being 2 per’d out, so she’s still hungry.
She was literally one-third of one tenth away. That small bobble she had on the half turn in her choreography.

That was it. A fluke misstep.

As head of the program he is ultimately responsible.
Hard disagree.

Can you imagine Tom saying to Kelli Hill before they marched in: “Now Kelli - I want you to make sure that all the girls get a warm up…”

Are you freaking kidding me?
I think this is on him if they hadn’t talked about how they were going to handle warmups and gone through practices with timed touches before Worlds, but otherwise it’s just a game time mistake made by the coaches on the floor
Do you really think Kelli Hill needs a reminder tutorial on one-touch? From Tom Forster of all people.

How many Worlds and Olympics has Tom put a gymnast into and overseen a one-touch warm up?

Now how many has Kelli?

It would have been THE DEFINITION of mansplaining.

Last edited:
I don’t agree with that at all.

Basic management is in play here. Tom doesn’t have to personally make the plan for managing the touch. He does have to make sure that a plan exists and all six athletes and coaches involved are ready to execute it. Literally all he has to do is call for a practice to be managed as a mock meet to do this. Simple. You could be a douche and give everyone a lecture on what touch warmups are and assign someone to be the clock watcher and someone else to be the springboard puller and so on, but really, anyone with a quarter ounce of emotional intelligence is not going to be that heavy-handed.

It is totally normal for coaches and teams to practice this stuff, which is why I’m inclined to believe, again, that there was a plan and someone just made a mistake, which would not be Tom’s fault.

I would submit that Kelli Hill shouldn’t need a practice session in how to conduct a one touch. Much less from Tom Forster.

ETA: I understand that EmJae fell hard on her Church in her one touch. They let her then get back up and continue her routine. The announcement called for the end of the warm up as Leanne was mounting. Leanne finished. And the official interjected when Kayla tried to mount.

This is purely the fault of the three coaches on the floor. And, perhaps in particular, Emjae’s coach’s fault for letting her finish the rest of her routine after she had just eaten up the whole USA time block after her fall.

Last edited:
“Tom should have told the others to stop”.

…from the stands?!?

She’s an idiot.

Last edited:
Not a great start for Russia. Urazova crashed and only credited with a Y1.5. Melnikova’s second vault was supposed to be a Lopez, but downgraded to Pod. Esh.

I would think Urazova will still make top 24 if she isn’t hurt and can pull herself together, right?

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back