Who are you rooting hardest for?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

We are FULL STEAM AHEAD on the Trinity Thomas train now. She's going to bring the Clear-hip 1/1 upgrade on bars and get the highest E-score of the competition, while showing beautiful 14+ beam routines. The last spot on the team is hers.

I was hoping for Konnor, but as that is off the table, I am still hoping for Jade and Suni.
I didn’t realise how much I was rooting for McClain until I was really tense during her beam routine. Sigh.

The two athletes that suddenly became eligible for Tokyo have certainly had divergent triads.

I was rooting hardest for Gabby but alas she withdrew. It's so sad to me that it appears to be a mental block of sorts that caused her to meltdown on bars and then withdraw at Classic and now Nationals. The skills are there. And we saw her get through a (heavily spotted) full bar routine in warmups. I just wanted her to have at least one hit bar routine and a good day. Hoping she'll stick around for next year.

I'm rooting second hardest for Shi. She's my favorite American, and it would be a crying shame if her shoulder kept her out of Paris. Her gymnastics is so beautiful, and she missed Tokyo due to having the wrong coach.

Next I'm rooting for Jade. I like the idea of someone with big enough skills to be able to make 3+ Olympics. I also like me a vaulter. (Annia Hatch was a huge favorite of mine).

Finally, I'm pulling for Suni and for Kaliya Lincoln. It doesn't seem that the powers that be want to put Kaliya on the team so I'm not thinking she'll make it. But I want her to have a very successful Nationals and Trials. And place top two on floor.

Def Shilese is my favourite and after watching classics Jordan and Jade have impressed me too. I really like Suni and Skye and I hope those 5 make the team with 1 to be reserve.

Was hoping Jayla Hang would make the team (good bars and beam), but she didn’t get invited to oly trials. So now I’m going for Jade Carey and Leanne Wong. Both have proven themselves on the world stage and can handle pressure (especially if another teammate is injured during the Olympics comp, which could happen).

Jade, and then Leanne. I think Jade's spot is 99% secure, I just want to see her go out there and crush all four routines. As for Leanne, for all the built in issues on beam and floor, I want to see her grab that last spot. She could do bars in TF. Sentimental, yes. How crushing would it be to make every world team this quad, only to miss the Olympics again?

Jade, and then Leanne. I think Jade's spot is 99% secure, I just want to see her go out there and crush all four routines. As for Leanne, for all the built in issues on beam and floor, I want to see her grab that last spot. She could do bars in TF. Sentimental, yes. How crushing would it be to make every world team this quad, only to miss the Olympics again?
"Crushing" is going to define this summer with USA WAG for decades, no matter how you slice it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back