Tom Forster resigns

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Understatement. Moceanu should not have been considered for this. My guess is she was not at all in real contention

She has a lot of “honest believes” that I think this board as whole would take issue with. She’s the wrong person for the job.

This is an interesting read. I wasn’t aware of this and it is very disappointing. Changes my feeling about her being chosen. I think it should go to someone else.

Then why is there a big percentage of fans who like her? Because they do appreciate that she’s outspoken?

This is an interesting read. I wasn’t aware of this and it is very disappointing. Changes my feeling about her being chosen. I think it should go to someone else.
There is no one in the history of gymnastics who hasn’t liked a post, or been friends with, or shaken hands with, or been in a photo with, or smiled at, someone indirectly connected to a SafeSport allegation.

The bar demanded by the Twitter mob is completely unreasonable; it’s just a thirst for tea and shit-stirring.

How anyone in their right mind could think Chellsie Memmel isn’t caring or doesn’t take child abuse seriously is insane.

I’m really sick of it.

I also think Moceanu expecting the qualification rules to be bent for her in order to petition to the 2006 US Nationals was a bit entitled.
It was clear what the expectations were for 2-3-4 event minimum scores.
She competed vault and floor only. She went OOB on her full in mount and but fell on her double pike dismount. She missed qualifying by .9 and then petitioned.
Marta denied the petition.
Then Moceanu claimed USAG officials told her that as long as she went to the training camp and did one event at US Classic that she would be invited to Nationals.
It doesn’t make sense that she would do two events, if all she had to do was vault.
Also, why would she agree to preferential treatment. Wouldn’t she advocate for fair play?

Moceanu is a Me Monster. Everything is about her and she centers herself in every conversation. Just look at her tweet. Me me me. The gracious thing is simply to wish the new leadership team well, and not mention that you applied for a role, let alone that you got a phone call saying you didn’t get the job. Instead, that’s what she led with.

I am sorry, this article is seriously reaching and ridiculous.

Who else is there at this point?

Might as well just eliminate USAG completely, since no one will ever be “perfect” enough.

Also, I have been thinking about Sacramone.
While she did make a mistake at the 2011 Worlds, she was only 20 at the time. She was looked at for years as the leader of the group and the spokesperson. She was outspoken, personable, and the athletes looked up to her as team captain.
Sacramone might not have been abused by Nassar. We know Memmel and Liukin were not either.
Again, Nassar was not present much that quad and he appeared to lay off the gymnasts that quad that were coached by parents. Sacramone was likely left alone because she WAS outspoken.
Nassar was a predator and a groomer. We have no way of knowing what was fed to her by Nassar. We also know that the higher ups covered for Nassar. Steve Penny was a slimeball for decades (Schwikert’s dismissal of him in 2010).
We have no way of knowing if Sacramone was being manipulated, especially as team leader.

I hope she issues an apology to Maroney.

I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and allow her the chance to prove herself.
I think she can be an excellent strategic lead with her qualifications and she will be excellent with the media and positive with the girls. I enjoyed her commentary at the NCAA level. Confirmed deductions and mistakes but also very positive.

If it was a choice between Sacramone and Moceanu I would have gone with Sacramone myself personally.

Has Alicia said whether she was a Nassar victim?

One should be careful not to inadvertently stray into victim-blaming. She was only 20.

You are a terrible person forever more if you once did or said something that people find terrible.
Or if you did or said something off the cuff or without giving it sufficient thought. Its patterns of behavior that count. We have no reason not to trust ASAC. We just do not. At least lets give her a real chance.

This is why God knows why anyone with a clean reputation would ever want to sign up for this.

They’ll always find something, then make it into a circus, then put you on the cancel train.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back