Tom Forster resigns

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well that eliminates Memmel from competing again BOOOOOOO

I do love that Memmel and Sacramone are part of the team though. It is nice to have former gymnasts on the team who went through the vague selection process/ Marta philosophies. Also they are part of the Nassar era, which is helpful.

Is Alicia the PR front person then? And Chelsie the new Perskaia?

I’m actually surprised they both wanted this role. I can only imagine the next Shilese-style meltdown on IG. I wouldn’t want to be caught up in the psycho Twitter faux-hysteria.

I like Chellsie in the Technical position. She should know her stuff when it comes to the code and can hopefully make sure routines have what they’re supposed to.

Dan Baker was Natasha Kelley’s coach right? Not sure I love that decision.

I’m honestly surprised Sacramone wanted the position. People are going to start focusing in on her history and Maroney already hinted she silenced her about Nassar in Tokyo.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t how she reacts to that kind of situation as a full adult who has gone through a lot of education on handling that kind of situation be a lot more relevant than her reaction as a 20-ish athlete caught in the exact same system?

What education has she had since then? Her bio makes no mention of any training or education that makes her qualified to develop a plan for athletes’ physical and mental heath.

The book was most likely written in 2019 and she disputed the account.

Last edited:
Who is Dan Baker btw
He’s been in charge of the juniors since Liukin took over the seniors from Karolyi in 2017. Or after MLT was hired for a day, I don’t remember. He had the juniors most of last quad at least. Developmental lead I’m assuming means he’s basically staying in pretty much the exact position he was already in.

He was a douche bag around the time he was coaching Natasha Kelley in the aughts. Abomb had him on camera yelling at his gymnasts at some level 10 / elite open.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back