Tom Forster resigns

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes Alicia reports to Annie Heffernon.
The Strategic Lead oversees strategic planning and guides the overall direction of the high performance program. Quinn will focus on the program as a whole and the overarching strategy for the National Team while also making the holistic development of individual athletes, physically and mentally, a top priority.
Sounds like to me Alicia will have a huge role in the direction of the program. I never said she was Marta 2.0. I said she is in a leadership position which she is so is Chelsea.

People are condemning her due to a past action that was publicly reported by a respected journalist which is why the sooner she releases a statement the better. People are acting like someone made up this rumor to ruin Alicia’s reputation. The book was published in January of 2020.

Last edited:
I don’t think Alicia will be solely or even primarily in charge of gymnasts’ mental health. Rather, it seems a team will be, and Alicia will be doing some coordinating with the team. Yes, it’s still important, but I don’t think she is the only person who will be steering that ship. I understand that people who’ve not been listened to by adults in the past when reporting abuse have valid concerns about anyone in such a leadership position, especially with the stories about what happened in London. That was, however, a decade ago, a lot has happened since then, and I imagine Alicia does regret any role she played in the situation. Who wouldn’t?

Well, with her announcing history, here’s hoping she’ll manage to give more coherent interviews than Tom ever did.

I actually think Spencer and Jessica did a surprisingly mature look on this issue this week. It gave some further context about why Alicia might not recall the events as Maroney recalls the events.

I don’t think Alicia will be solely or even primarily in charge of gymnasts’ mental health
Right. That’s not her job. Her job is to pick the team and lead the program. Like Marta.

No-one expected Marta to be in charge of gymnasts mental health. There are other people more qualified to do that.

I have no idea why people are expecting this role to include being Team Counsellor. It’s unrealistic and quite frankly, stupid. That’s not how organisations work.

well I guess I have been away quite a while if you’ve slowly turned into a JESS STAN

He did. For me, her giving a statement would depend on the circumstances surrounding it. In many circumstances, she owes no one an explanation. Only she can know.

I was commenting on the fact Doug commented she owes no one an explanation not that it shouldn’t be private or indeed happened already.

As someone who thought she should publicly address the issue, it’s enough for me.

Alicia says her number 1 goal is to ensure that ALL members of the national team get to compete internationally and not just the same group of athletes.
So that means we are likely to see more international outings at World Cups etc.

I love that.

I really like that

It means the team will have options if they need to go down the ranks, and that gymnasts will hopefully have a better experience as elites even if they’re not the top six. Also means we’ll have fewer situations like Chiles’ where her international experience was far too limited given her track record.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back