Tiana Sumanasekera 2028

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

She has relatively no chance at 2024, even making Olympic Trials would be a challenge.
I am glad her focus is on 2028. Hopefully she still works elite this year.

I wonder if she will forgo NCAA or try for both. She is set to start UCLA in 2026-2027 school year.

Also, if it looks like things will be packed for team USA leading up to Los Angeles (highly likely majority of this group for Paris sticks around for 28) if she will consider representing Sri Lanka instead.

She has relatively no chance at 2024, even making Olympic Trials would be a challenge.
I am glad her focus is on 2028. Hopefully she still works elite this year.

I wonder if she will forgo NCAA or try for both. She is set to start UCLA in 2026-2027 school year.

Also, if it looks like things will be packed for team USA leading up to Los Angeles (highly likely majority of this group for Paris sticks around for 28) if she will consider representing Sri Lanka instead.
Hmm, I wonder how many of this current group will continue, because by "current group" we're really talking about gymnasts who went senior back in 2017-2019, right? Biles and Douglas of course are now senior citizens in the sport, but then we also had Carey, Chiles, Jones, Lee, and Wong much of last quad, then DiCello and Blakely were at Trials in 2021. I don't see any of these sticking around for LA, do you? It's possible that the five for Paris are all in this group.

But Roberson, Sumanasekera, Esponda, Caylor, Lincoln, and Rivera all should definitely be aiming for 2025 Worlds, none of whom I think will be in Paris.

I can see these athletes hanging on until Los Angeles. How often do you have a chance to compete at a home Olympics?

Times have changed. I don't see too many of the current elites retiring post Paris.

Growing up I always thought it would be really disappointing to compete at a home Olympics. Part of the appeal of the Games, I thought, surely had to be that you'd be able to go somewhere exotic.

Now that I'm older and have travelled substantially and more than 6 hours travel feels like its asking a lot, I'm like "home Olympics sounds great"

The gymnastics in general. I loved the athletics with Coe and Thompson (I actually have 16 Days of Glory on video) but the gymnastics I always found a bit meh. I can appreciate Mary Lou’s Tsuk full though.

I rent my basement to a guy who is from california. his mom is visiting currently and she lives in LA, I'm working on buttering her up so she'll house me for 2028. ;-) I think there is a lot of good potential with Tiana's gymnastics so I hope she is able to keep building.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back