Test Chat Archive

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

S

system

This topic is an archive of the Test Chat chat channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally sent in Test Chat
11_2.png

falcon9
This is our new test feature for Worlds!

Our first ever build in chat channel

@irichluck21 Try it now

You can pop it out on desktop…

image.jpg

725_2.png

arabiandoublefront
neato, i like!
+1
40.png

Seyonne
So the is always on and not just activated at certain times?
11_2.png

falcon9
Good question... I'll guess we'll have to figure that out as we go

Right now this is just a new feature that we are testing out
725_2.png

arabiandoublefront
there should be a way to turn on and off notifications? i don't know if that's possible.

it reminds me of discord
11_2.png

falcon9
Good question too
40.png

Seyonne
Can’t wait to use it for worlds. Hope it doesn’t crash the site 💥
11_2.png

falcon9
Chat notifications should go through the chat bubble and not the regular notifications

I think
725_2.png

arabiandoublefront
yeah they do
11_2.png

falcon9
There are preferences if you click on your avatar in the upper right... then the little head... then preferences

There are settings for both sidebar and chat
4542_2.png

rlayt
Oh this is how it works!

A hashtag to start a chat with everyone on a specific feature?

specific issue I mean.
2979_2.png

irichluck21
this will be better than sending messages

althoguh I still think the threads will have more discussion since we try to do quick hots and updates etc
+1
40.png

MaryClare
Haha this brings back memories of chats crashing during meets
2979_2.png

irichluck21
Mary clare you are aging us! Mhaha
2289_2.png

Passion
My only concern is on GGMB everyone would go to the chat and then there would be no discussion in the threads during competitions. Then if you missed the meet you couldn't go back and read the discussion after.
+1
1036_2.png

onodian
Yeah I agree, I like going through threads of the events, even if it's just absurd comment on random things
+1
4542_2.png

rlayt
I would hate to miss the commentary if I can’t make watch live and it to a live chat.
40.png

ArnoldRimmer
I adore old competition threads!
heart
40.png

MaryClare
Personally I prefer chat format during meets. Forum format is too slow and you end up with multiple messages basically saying the same thing. Seeing a thread with literally hundreds of new replies is unmanageable and puts me off
+1
11_2.png

falcon9
View attachment 4703
+1
40.png

crdubb17
Aww man this takes me back. Was it wwgym or something prior to that where we had the chat feature? I feel like I haven’t seen this since the 2012 quad
40.png

MaryClare
Wwgym did have a chat when it started. I don’t remember it really taking off though. GGMB’s chat was always absolutely jumping during meets and would frequently crash- the infamous CHAT NOW!!!!
11_2.png

falcon9
Many sites tried various chat implementations back in the day... many times they were poorly implemented though. This chat is actually going to be a core feature of the software that we use in the next major release. In other words... this is not a 3rd party add-on... it is being developed by the software itself. Since the it is not 3rd party... both performance and function will be looked at together.

This channel has been renamed to "test chat"

I am now trying to archive this chat to see how we can save a chat

Can the chat be closed if we think that it will be too distracting/if we’re behind on the broadcast and don’t want spoilers?
Edit- And if it can, where? It’s just kind of there on my page right now

Last edited:
@KristyJ Also… the channel is shown to all active users by default. You should be able to click on the channel # and then “about” and click “leave channel”.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back