Suni Lee new UB combo (training)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

And they assume everyone is following the rules, so why would they unilaterally make a decision to bend the rules, especially since that will increaases the chance their score will be thrown out and thus push them down in the rankings?
This could form the basis of a whole paper on the structures that force GroupThink haha.

This is why we are so many E Scores bunched up together. No one gives Van Gerner a 9.0E on FX, not because they don’t think she deserves one, but because they don’t think anyone else will join them and thus they don’t want to be the “high” score getting knocked out and damaging their JEP average.

To be fair, i had van gerner down to a 9.2 just by looking at her makeup

Last edited:
will i get off by painting on some whiskers the way Celine avoids artistic deductions from you?

Very cool. But she needs to fix this:

This could be 5 tenths, right?

I noticed that on her Servente Friday night. Just tucking crazy crazy early. She’s tucking almost immediately from the springboard.

Last edited:
Yes I think the expectation is that the block must be on straight legs and hips. The tuck can only start once the hands have left the table, IIRC.

I noticed that too, and was surprised they didn’t deduct for it (then again SEC…)

You’d think you’d get a better block with a straight body, as well

Is a tucked pod a servente? This is one i didn’t know…

Is a tucked pod a servente? This is one i didn’t know…
No actually, the Servente is a round off half on, tuck front half performed by Veronica Servente of Italy. She competed at the 1991 Worlds and 1992 Olympics.

Technically, a Pod is a piked Servente! Since Servente did her vault before Podkopayeva did hers!

no that’d be an Omelianchik 1/2, if anything #nerdingout

No it’s a yurchenko half on pike 1/2 off

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back