Social Media Paris Athletes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Morgan Hurd posted on Tumblr the other day that she misses elite gymnastics, but her body does not. I think Simone might be feeling that.

They aren’t machines so there comes a point when they have to be done. Unfortunately. I’m selfish though and I’d like to see some comebacks in three years.
I do not think we will see a comback from Simone in 3 years nor do I wnat to see one. her comment on that TikTok prior to EF Day 3 about her body "starting to shut down" said it all. She needed this comeback to secure her place as one of if not the greatest women's gymnasts and she accomplished that with a TF Gold, AA Gold, Vault Gold and FX Silver. But I do believe she gets that this is the end for her, that her body is done with this and I hope she has the grace and wisdom to go out at the top. Thats my hope for her. I mean Chuso was a different story -- perservering so far beyond the point in terms of age that anyone else can. But I do not think Simone wants that kind of glory. I think she wants the glory of going out on top. And then moving on with her life.

Last edited:
I do not think we will see a comback from Simone in 3 years nor do I wnat to see one. her comment on that TikTok prior to EF Day 3 about her body "starting to shut down" said it all. She needed this comeback to secure her place as one of if not the greatest women's gymnasts and she accomplished that with a TF Gold, AA Gold, Vault Gold and FX Silver. But I do believe she gets that this is the end for her, that her body is done with this and I hope she has the grace and wisom to go out at the top. Thats my hope for her. I mean Chuso was a different story -- perservering so far beyond the point in terms of age that anyone else can. But I do not think Simone wnats that kind of glory. I think she wants the glory of going out on top. And then moving on with her life.
Chuso is still going because she can’t afford to retire.

I get the impression that Simone is ready to prioritise her husband’s career and possibly start a family. I wouldn’t be surprised if she starts using solely his surname, and “Simone Biles” is retired with her gymnastics career

She also needs to not press her luck. She's been incredibly fortunate to do the difficulty she was doing with no major injury. And even now, with her Achilles holding onto a prayer, she made it through the entire Games.
Yes. Very true.

I'd say even Simone doesn't know for sure whether or not this is the end. Unfortunately for those of us who want to see her do gymnastics forever, it most likely is the end of her competitive career. She does seem to be satisfied with this if it is the end. After the last Olympics, she wasn't done because she felt like she had unfinished business, but this time she appears to have gotten the closure she needed. When she responded to the question "what is there left for you to do?" with "nothing", I got the feeling that she was done. She's one to follow her heart and she is very passionate about the sport, though, so a part of me can see her giving her body and mind a good long rest and then missing it too much to be 100% done.

If she’s okay with retirement then we will be too.

Can you imagine how insanely physically talented Simone and Jonathan’s children would be?

Do we have proof of this? Chuso herself has said she continues because she loves it
I mean, I don’t think she hates it, but it is her job. She has said previously that whilst she is still able to compete at a high level, it would be silly not to. She does quite a lot of work that is paid, whether it’s Nemov’s gymnastics gala shows, or Boginskaya’s gymnastics camps

I think part of the problem in 2021 was that Simone was mentally done when the Olympics were postponed. I think she was looking to retire after 2020. I think it seemed like work for her in 2021 and she was just pushing through.

Now I think she is both mentally and physically done.

FTR re: her body shutting down, she says that towards the end of long competitions. She said it last year around event finals at Worlds as well.

I don't think she means it in any kind of overall sense of like "my body can simply no longer hold up performing the sport". Just that she's really, really tired after the intensity of that two week block of final training and competing.

That said, I DO think she's ready to be done, but I don't think anyone can say for sure whether she'll change her mind again.

FTR re: her body shutting down, she says that towards the end of long competitions. She said it last year around event finals at Worlds as well.

I don't think she means it in any kind of overall sense of like "my body can simply no longer hold up performing the sport". Just that she's really, really tired after the intensity of that two week block of final training and competing.

That said, I DO think she's ready to be done, but I don't think anyone can say for sure whether she'll change her mind again.
I agree! I went and watched her video and that comment hit totally different than how I read it on here.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back