Social Media Paris Athletes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

2 weeks (poium training included) is a really long time to maintain energy and physical exertion, especially with emotions and stress hitting their limit multiple times in that time frame.

And all this is coming right out of nationals and trials. I can be exhausting for those of us just watching! 😳
This. Not to mention the time zone change.

It's geoblocked. Can someone summarise? Is it just that she's returning to UCLA?

She has a huge competitive drive. Give her a vacation and a year or two of "idleness" and she might feel that fire again.
Yep, it's just impossible to say with someone who has the ability and drive Simone does. Let's say she does focus on being with her husband for a while, and they do start a family in a year or two. That still leaves ample time and a wide open door, if she wants. This is all completely uncharted territory.

I said before Simone's 2023 comeback, we might be seeing this for a while. Gymnasts compete at a high level into their 30s now. Admittedly they're all on less competitive teams than the US, but then Simone is a supreme talent. It could be some years before it becomes clear that she's finally closed the door for good.

Yep, it's just impossible to say with someone who has the ability and drive Simone does. Let's say she does focus on being with her husband for a while, and they do start a family in a year or two. That still leaves ample time and a wide open door, if she wants. This is all completely uncharted territory.

I said before Simone's 2023 comeback, we might be seeing this for a while. Gymnasts compete at a high level into their 30s now. Admittedly they're all on less competitive teams than the US, but then Simone is a supreme talent. It could be some years before it becomes clear that she's finally closed the door for good.
Not completely uncharted. Chuso had a son and then returned to competition.

Not completely uncharted. Chuso had a son and then returned to competition.
Yeah, as have quite a few others. Harmes, Pihan etc. Should've been clearer, I meant doing it when you've been this successful, and also have the finances not to do anything you don't want to ever again. We don't know what it looks like when someone has this many medals and also complete freedom.

I’m reading in a couple of places that Jordan is getting a lot of hate.

IMG_1501.jpeg

I kinda already knew Jordan's announcement as soon as I heard that she was planning to make one. She thrived so much as a part of the UCLA team that I had no doubt she'd go back. I'm glad to be correct on that. I'm excited to see her back in NCAA.

Ha! Was she still in the running for Tokyo when it was supposed to be in 2020? Or had she retired by then? I think she was competing in 2019 at some point.
She competed at some world cups in 2019, but that was the last time. There was a lot of secrecy and speculation for the rest of the year. But then in I think early 2020, must've been before covid delay was on the radar anyway, we saw photos of her having gained enough weight that it was clear she wasn't going to be in serious contention for the Olympics. Then she got the coaching role, which cemented that she wasn't going to be there in 2021 if anyone had doubted it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back