Simone to compete beam

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well, to be fair, I hope I’m not overrated just because they think I should have a medal. If you win a medal that is because you deserve it.

I’d be happy for her to get up there and do an exhibition. She deserves it
I kinda agree but that would be a waste of a finals berth… I kinda hoped she would do the weiler full on UB in finals and then hop off. WHatever happens, I hope she finishes safely. I would love for her to hit… I wonder what dismount she will do

Last edited:
I know, but she’s earned it. Just like Danusia in qualification did.

I guess she will do a double pike as she did as a junior. If she’s serious about the weiler full and the YDP she can always do a World Cup in late autumn after the tour. Ditto for Carey, I know she’s likely going to college (although with Olympic gold who knows) but she can probably take a weekend out for a World Cup event to attempt the Carey

I’m glad I don’t have to be a judge for this one.

I have kind of a hard time imagining Simone doing her tour and then getting back into good enough shape to compete the YDP. It’s a lot to walk away from but I would imagine you have to be Olympic fit to do one, and she’s got tour dates through the beginning of November.

I want Simone to nail beam—that doesn’t have to be a medal but a medal would be glorious.

Larissa should medal—does she have an Olympic medal. I don’t think this will be possible on her foot/ankle.

A Chinese wag medal would be nice or I’ll be worried about @IratePanda ( plus they can have really great beam routines)

And I kind of want a hit beam routine from Suni….

I want Simone to nail beam—that doesn’t have to be a medal but a medal would be glorious.
same… I want her to be out there safely as well

It’s funny, I can’t think of a time where Simone didn’t dismount with a twisting double salto (and it still blows my mind that in 2019, she dismounted all events with a DOUBLE twisting double! It used to be a big deal with a gymnast dismounted a full twisting double on all events!)

Last edited:
She used a double pike in 2012, been a long time. I’m not surprised she’s doing beam, after Rio she wants an Olympic beam EF hit. Really hope it happens for her. I think the entire gymnastics community will be holding their breath.

Iordache-Biles-Saraiva is my feelings podium. I would also not object to Guan winning or Urazova medalling. It’s another very good top eight to be honest. I hope we get a better beam final than the last few Olympics.

So didn’t Simone film some sponsor video (athleta?) and in the commercial she dismounted beam with some simple (layout?) dismount . . . this could happen in real life.

I forgot Urazova. (couldn’t find the list of qualifiers on my phone) an individual medal would be nice for her too.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back