Simone to compete beam

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes, Seoul.

Whatever. Something is horribly wrong in their WAG program. If they can’t fix it, they need to disband.

The situation in China is very different from Romania. Romania lacks funding, coaches, and depth of athletes. China has no end to these things and a very competitive domestic provincial system to continue funneling athletes upwards onto the National team.

This team had the skill, ability, and potential to be very successful at these Games. The problem is basically the entire team is injured, AGAIN.

Well, we still have a couple hours for that finalized list… though for the record, I’d love to see Flavia, Larissa and Listunova in the beam final. I guess we’ll see who can take that landing.

Speaking of landings, how much is Simone going to lose in SV with a double pike. I hope she does well, but I’d rather see a few other wins.

Speaking of landings, how much is Simone going to lose in SV with a double pike. I hope she does well, but I’d rather see a few other wins
Compared to a Full In, a Double Pike will lose her 3 tenths.

They just did a rundown of Simone doing beam. Tim helpfully suggested she not do two different dismounts. Thanks, Tim.

On a different note, has Tim had work done? He looked…smooth in the face.

I’d go further back and say 9 years. She spoke the same way in 2012.

I don’t know why they’re doing so much of these weird analysis segments this year. There’s that guy with the board, too, talking about numbers, and it’s like, “I don’t care. This should be integrated with the actual gymnastics coverage.”

Last edited:
Actually 0.4, two tenths for G to E and two tenths for CV

So looking over the prelims that drops her to a 6.1 start value. Based on E scores given, her max is probably around a 14.4.

Aw really??? I love board guy. That would be me, if that gymnaverse podcast ever became a thing. I would be hyper enthusiastic numbers board guy struggling to circle things

Simone warmed up double pike cleanly:

It’s just unnecessary when NBC has decided that the block of prime time coverage on weekday nights is only going to be 3 1/2 hours with way too many ads.

I hate to say it, but I think what you are talking about is actually a slight Massachusetts/Boston accent 🤣 Just listen to her say the word “lot” and her general speaking rhythm is VERY localized

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back