Simone is out of the AA, VT, UB and FX

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Listunova still has bb/fx to prove herself. She has a legitimate shot at a medal on both

Giulia was actually the first person that came to my mind when this happened. She has had the exact same thing and while she does have her DTY back, it’ll never be the same anymore. You can see the forced twisting. I’ll always be anxious when she does her vault. It took her a lot of time and patience.

There was a documentary about her, where she’s very open about it and explains what it did to her. You can watch it here:

I think she’s 1st alternate? So given the situation with Simone and injuries to Black, Iordache and Saraiva, there’s a good chance she will be I think

Sorry I’m kind of counting with at least 2 people scratching bb finals

I am surprised Urazova was kept in. Listunova’s scores in the TF plus prelims vault have her at 57.699, 0.3 better than Andrade. That was the best she could do, but I would argue the same for Urazova in prelims who netted 57.099.

Last edited:
Listunova also showed earlier in the season that she can struggle with a long competition. It might be better for her to have had the rest (she’s in FX finals, right?)

Last edited:
Good question, I haven’t checked. It’s pretty crazy that the national champion of US nor Russia competed in the AA final. But certainly it puts Russia in a good place when we still managed 3rd and 4th whereas before there was very little competition within the team for AA spots

I don’t think it really mattered much the casual primetime audience was not who needed to be convinced. It was all the ones on social media that are seeing Twitter and Facebook posts and feel the need to comment without actually understanding what occurred.

A friend I know called Biles a “quitter” and she hadn’t seen what happened on vault, just that Biles “quit” and told everyone “I am not having fun”…I know it’s Simone and she owes no one explanations but her press conference didn’t go over well with the common 4 year fan folk.

I know it’s Simone and she owes no one explanations but her press conference didn’t go over well with the common 4 year fan folk.
My sense is that no one – at least no one competent or up to the task – helped prepare Simone for that press conference or for the fallout in general. Yet another instance of USAG not protecting its athletes.

Some of the narratives I am seeing from people about Biles are mind blowing.

The craziest one that I’m seeing a lot is that she quit because they would not score her properly. They don’t score her properly because she is too good and everyone else can’t keep up so they are holding her back.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back