Sanne Wever’s insane new skill

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well that was a hot mess today.

Sanne didn’t do the Wevers, but did compete a new routine. She fell quite early in the routine and started over. It was good on the second try. Same goes for Naomi, who fell right on the first element, but after that (finally!) completed her full new routine nicely.

After today I would go for Sanne, Lieke, Naomi and Eythora. None of them were clean today, but to be honest, except for Vera no one was.

Eythora knew very well what she had to do today and came up with the dty. I think this killed Elze’s chances, unless she somehow has a second vault (she is training a front 1,5). Eythora is the (much) better allrounder and scores more or less the same as Elze on vault and floor.

Sanne is a no brainer and Lieke and Naomi have pretty much the same strengths (UB/BB/FX). Sure the team could use a bigger vault, but it would always mean compromising on the other events. This four person team is really not helping the smaller countries.

The team will be announced tomorrow.

Last edited:
Still praying for Elza as a very sentimantal fave… She can help the team…

Eythora doing a DTY makes Elza irrelevant though as she is a better all arounder and she is strong on bars.

Elza might have a chance if they don’t take Visser.

VT: (-) Lieke, Eythora, Elza *two DTY!!
UB: (Elza), Lieke, Sanne, Eythora
BB (Elza), Lieke, Eythora, Sanne
FX: (-) Lieke, Eythora, Elza
If Visser can add more on UB or BB than Elza can do on VT and FX I am unsure.

Van Pol winning this meet is interesting but she doesn’t add much to the team.
Volleman struggling and also with a FTY kind of eliminates her.

I agree. But they won’t replace Naomi with Elze. Not on this four person team. Yes Elze adds quite a bit on vault and I would LOVE The Netherlands to have two dty’s. But Naomi outscores Eythora on bars, is a fairly reliable beamer and outscores everyone on floor. It would be foolish to leave her home and make the team that much more fragile by taking Elze.

If only they could’ve taken 5, I would call Elze right away.

Edit: I feel for Vera. She was just the cleanest today, which was the reason she won. But she has never been a standout. I’m happy she got to go to the Olympics in 2016. And I agree with you on Tisha. If vault an floor are your selling point, downgrading those two just isn’t going to cut it.

Last edited:
Yeah that could very well be the case for both trials actually. Elze won the first. We just don’t have the luxury that countries like the US have. It’s a puzzle and you have to look at potential as well. Especially now with the four person team.

Last edited:
meh, I liked it more when it was more playful. Still it’s a treat to see thought-thru routines. The vocals (the actual sounds, not the intonation which was pretty good) are a no for me. nah nah lalala

I agree. I was not into it at all.
Also all recycled choreography.

I know, it’s just like beam with her 🤣 She seems to have multiple options and no one knows what she’ll do. Love it

Wow! Really powerful DTY! Elze Geurts is impressive. Hope she can come up with a second vault. She used to throw a handspring pike front as her second vault back in 2017.

If she doesn’t mae the Olympics I hope she has a chance at Worlds.

The beginning evokes a story of going on an over-night hike - needing to use nature’s facilities - scouring the forest floor for leaves - and letting your friends see that you’ve found some. I’m still in love with the '17 routine.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back