Sanne Wever’s insane new skill

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Sanne and Lieke told the press afterwards that they feel empty. The federation has decided to go in appeal against the decision about Vincent Wevers. That happened this week.

I get SO angry about this, because the ONLY reason they do this is to save their own ss. What on earth are they trying to accomplish with this. It gey’s me so mad. All these girls that are fighting for a spot RIGHT NOW are competing for a federation that doesn’t give a single sht about them and just wants to save face.

Sanne has said that she will quit right after Tokyo. There’s no chance of her competing at worlds. She didn’t say she’d be done for good, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she is.

Also I don’t know why half of my post is in Italics, but probably because of all my cursing. Sorry bout that.

What are you talking about, you were much tamer than me 😜
The federation is acting like a spoilt brat… they clamed the made the decision to bring peace to the team, now they decide to fight the court’s decision. That will bring peace into the team, NOT

Is this for real? Or are you being ironic? I don’t mean to be an a-hole, I’m really asking

Naomi Visser is out. They went with Eythora, Lieke, Sanne and Vera. Elze and Naomi are alternates. A bit stronger on vault, since Vera has a Y1,5 and competed a DTY a few weeks ago (soft landing). They will compromise a bit on ub and fx I think, although Vera has really grown on ub and it’ll be a matter of tenths on floor. I’m okay with this team

Really? I feel like Vera is a waste of a spot – am I missing where she could fit in individually? As in '16, it seems like her only purpose is a slight boost on VT for the Team only. Naomi would’ve been a better shot at making AA finals + better UB, BB, and FX scores in Team… no? While Elze could’ve given a bigger VT score in Team / potentially challenged for a VT spot if she indeed has a FHS 1.5.

As mentioned, these 4-person ‘teams’ were a total disaster for almost every country outside USA, RUS, CHN (maybe ITA). 4 (in this case, 5) years is a long time and most programs’ work is being tossed aside. Who knows where these teams will be in 2024?

NED has been frustrating to watch as far back as 2001-2004 when they should’ve been in Athens as a full team fighting for bronze. 2015 was a nice surprise, but the lack of improvement since has been underwhelming. Eythora, Lieke, Sanne should’ve been much more competitive, and the constant changing of routine composition has to play a role. In 5 years, Lieke or Sanne couldn’t have learned - at minimum - a Tsuk 1/1 or FHS Front Tuck 1/1? All 3 couldn’t have learned Side Aerial + LSO earlier in the quad on BB? Sigh.

Assuming Eythora has injury problems preventing things like the 3/1+Punch on FX, she still should’ve been able to manage a consistent D score:
  1. Whip+DBL Tuck+Punch Front = A+D+A = .20
  2. 2.5+Pike Front = D+A = .10
  3. Front 1/1 + Stag = C+A
    2L (D) + 2Turn (B) + 2Y (D) + Illusion (B) = D+B+D+B = .20
    Switch Ring (C) + Ring (C) = C+C
BCCDD | CDD = 4.70 + .50 = 5.20

I would have thought Elze would have been taken over Vera for VT. But I guess Vera for FX makes sense more than Elze and Vera was 2nd on UB with a mid 13.

Vera has really improved, especially on bars.
The main reason they’re taking her (I think) is because she won yesterday and also came out on top if you combine both scores of the two competitions. They said this team was a mix of results of the qualifications and potential. I agree Naomi would have been a slightly better choice, but I think they were scared to pass Vera and be accused of shady politics.

I can’t believe it but the federation won the appeal. Vincent Wevers can not go to Tokyo. Vincent is the coach of Sanne, Lieke (obviously) ánd Vera. And their reaction was: “we are doing this for the gymnasts, to make the situation as peacefully as possible”.

I just don’t know enough cursewords to use for this, so I won’t even bother trying. What an enormously big F you (sorry I did it anyway) and a slap in the face of this Olympic team.

I hope they can still enjoy the Olympics and have the competition of their life, but if they don’t (which is far more likely) I blame the federation for only thinking about themselves and not giving a F about their gymnast; amongst them an Olympic Champion (!!!).

I know the O is a big deal but if Sanne, Lieke, Vera and Naomi would say that they refuse to go without Vincent, let’s see what happens. The Dutch Federation is just as moronic as USAG is…
Then again Eythora also said that she would not be going without Patrick but here she is, going to Tokyo and guess who will not be with her???

What I DID love after quali’s is that Elze told the press that Aimee is the first national team coach (besides her own coaches) who saw her potential, she gave Elze a lot of confidence going into trials… That remark tells me a lot about Aimee ❤️ But a lot about the National team coaches (Vincent, Gerbrin) as well. I feel she always had to work twice as hard to be noticed…

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back