Proposed changes to MAG COP - official FIG draft

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

GymACT already went down to 8 skills.

I like that Jrs, GymACT, NCAA, and elite will all have the same # of skills.

Some of the rest of it will take getting used to.

I’m generally very happy.

The only things I DON’T like are:
  1. Stop messing around with vault groups. Make groups that make sense and offer bonuses for variety of vault 2 compared to vault 1. easy.
  2. I don’t think it should be REQUIRED to do a scale or double salto dismount on floor
  3. Leave the Kroll and 1.5-double back on rings alone.
  4. Leave swing handstand on Pbars alone.

Either this isn't actually the final draft or the FIG isn't going to change a lot of the vault D scores.
I hope this one is real

• I.44 Yamawaki = B (not C)
  • I.45 Johansson = C (not D)
  • II.4 Inverted Cross = D (not C)
But stick bonus - yuck.

I give that one or two years before something blows up. The most common complaints from coaches about men's NCAA judging was about the NCAA stick bonus. Just wait - some medal placing will be decided because someone forgot to give SB, or there is debate about if the gymnast actually stuck.

Just wait.

And is someone windmilling their arms really that much more aesthetically pleasing than taking a small step or hop that it deserves a bonus?
It is in the men's NCAA. This is how their SB works. All they have to do is plant their feet on the floor - they can even get a landing deduction. And why just the dismount? Why not bonus for some other skill done perfectly (which I guess would be the old V.)

1718945043158.png

In addition to what was already said, the stick bonus is redundant to the execution deduction for landings.

I do appreciate the attempt to reward a stick more, though.

If they reward a stick soon they will start to deduct windmilling arms. Like makam said it isn’t pretty.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back