Pre-Olympics Discussion (Injured athletes, named teams, other news) starting 5/9/24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Absolutely devastating for Vera Van Pol. But imagine being Tisha Volleman, who on her instagram profile, has a list of every European and world championship she’s competed at in the last decade. It’s the day before podium training, you’ve probably accepted that the Olympics aren’t going to happen for you. Possibly in your head you’re half retired already. Then you get the call. You’re going.

Sometimes I see one of these names and it feels like a blast from the past, and then I realize that they've just been competing forever. Anyway, good for her!

Does anyone know if they were able to get permission for Beacon the therapy dog to travel with them?

Does anyone know if they were able to get permission for Beacon the therapy dog to travel with them?
I don’t think the issue was travel, it’s not that difficult to bring a dog to France.
France has much stricter rules, and generally only trained and licensed assistance dogs, belonging to an individual with a diagnosed condition are considered service animals. So I don’t think that he would be allowed anywhere that the team would be able to spend any time with him.

On a practical level, if every team wanted to bring a dog, it just wouldn’t be possible.

I don’t think the issue was travel, it’s not that difficult to bring a dog to France.
France has much stricter rules, and generally only trained and licensed assistance dogs, belonging to an individual with a diagnosed condition are considered service animals. So I don’t think that he would be allowed anywhere that the team would be able to spend any time with him.

On a practical level, if every team wanted to bring a dog, it just wouldn’t be possible.
Making a dog travel overseas is not exactly a kind thing to do to a dog, especially if it is not in the main cabin.

Glad she's okay. She should probably use an N95 mask walking around because it sounds like she was around somebody who ate something with tree nuts and for some, just a bit of inhalation can cause anaphylaxis.
I think they should all be masking. Covid rates are high right now. Why take the risk of getting covid at Olympics?

I don't know. I just read half the Australian water polo team has Covid.

I don't know. I just read half the Australian water polo team has Covid.
Look, it was completely predictable. I just do not get everyone walking around without masks. Its the Olympics for pete sake

At least where I am, there's also a gnarly GI bug going around. I'm wishing I had masked around my clients last week.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back