Other Olympic Sports--Articles and Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Teddy Riner wins judo 100+kg in his home town.

Teddy Riner wins judo 100+kg in his home town.

Dude, I don't know if that is the camera angle or because the judge is so short, but that is a mountain of a man.

I just got totally sucked into the Men's 10,000k on track. The US guy looked like he had that silver but then the other guy leaned just a hair more. Crazy that that long of an event was decided by so little. But the bronze guy still seems thrilled.

Last edited:
My co-worker and I were just yelling at the TV during the 10,000 M just now, cheering for Grant Fisher. Never heard of the man before today 😂

Dude, I don't know if that is the camera angle or because the judge is so short, but that is a mountain of a man.

I just got totally sucked into the Men's 10,000k on track. The US guy looked like he had that silver but then the other guy leaned just a hair more. Crazy that that long of an event was decided by so little. But the bronze guy still seems thrilled.
One thing I know about running a 10k is that it’s always a delight to be done, lol

People are talking about women's rugby, and it makes me happy!
(I played in college until I had wisdom tooth surgery.)

Watching the Track and Field, mixed relay and those Nike suits are trippy as hell on TV. I assume that was the intent with those tight stripes but what an odd choice. It is even weirder on the leggings the shot putter is wearing. And they look purple. Better than pink, but...I like the classics.

Last edited:
How long has the mixed relay been a thing? I don’t ever remember seeing it before.
It made its debut in 2020. It’s one of my favorite events and gives more chances for top nations to add to their relay pools and bring more athletes.

I caught the end of the judo mixed team final. A 3-3 tie between France and Japan lead to a golden score match to decide the outcome. The +90kg category was randomly selected so the crowd went wild to see Teddy Riner compete.

Congratulations on defending the Olympic title, France!

She didn't ride the athletes' bus and was not permitted to enter.

Kayak cross! Or is it canoe cross? I'm not sure, only know that this is awesome.

She didn't ride the athletes' bus and was not permitted to enter.

This is wildly infuriating, but it’s not apparent yet that this was the reason she DNS. Sha’Carri had the same thing happened and she still raced her semi.

I’m reading that it is most likely a last minute hamstring injury.

Kayak cross! Or is it canoe cross? I'm not sure, only know that this is awesome.
The sport canoe stuff is my new favorite. I watched some of the kayak cross time trials yesterday when there was just one person going at a time and it was bonkers. I’m very excited to watch when it’s multiple boats in the water at the same time, especially with the flipping over part. It’s like aquatic X-Games and I’m 100% here for it.

Reactions: Bob
Watching the Track and Field, mixed relay and those Nike suits are trippy as hell on TV. I assume that was the intent with those tight stripes but what an odd choice. It is even weirder on the leggings the shot putter is wearing. And they look purple. Better than pink, but...I like the classics.

Didn't Britain have those stripy uniforms that look purple when the stripes meld together a few years ago? Did USA buy up the
Dina-Asher-Smith (1).jpg
old stock?

Didn't Britain have those stripy uniforms that look purple when the stripes meld together a few years ago? Did USA buy up the View attachment 10962old stock?
Well, at least it's not the Nike uniforms that went viral a couple of months ago that had all of us praying it was just an AI-generated image.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back