Other Olympic Sports--Articles and Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I didn't realize that Women's football team Canada was caught spying with drones on other teams.
They were docked 6 points, but still made it to the knockout group but were eliminated.

Why didn't they just disqualify the team?
I don’t think they wanted to overpenalize the players for the actions of the coach. They had no knowledge AFAIK.

I like that they are coming up with more relays and mixed relays to add sports without having to add more competitors or create new venues.

Watching the Track and Field, mixed relay and those Nike suits are trippy as hell on TV. I assume that was the intent with those tight stripes but what an odd choice. It is even weirder on the leggings the shot putter is wearing. And they look purple. Better than pink, but...I like the classics.
Femke Bol was freaking amazing!, 🤩

Reactions: Bob
So. If you missed having Russian athletes participate in the gymnastics or felt it was strange without them, welcome to artistic swimming where in its current Olympic run of 2000 to present, no one other than Russia has ever won Olympic gold in either of the 2 medal events.

So. If you missed having Russian athletes participate in the gymnastics or felt it was strange without them, welcome to artistic swimming where in its current Olympic run of 2000 to present, no one other than Russia has ever won Olympic gold in either of the 2 medal events.
All I've seen was the group that moonwalked upside-down and they deserve gold. I need to see nothing else.

All I've seen was the group that moonwalked upside-down and they deserve gold. I need to see nothing else.
Team USA, currently in 2nd after 2 routines to China with the acrobatic routine still left.
China has essentially a 70 point lead.
The race is for silver and bronze.
USA = 643
Spain= 633
Japan=627
France= 617
Canada= 606
Italy = 603

I am not a synchronized swimming expert, but I think it is wide open.

It looks like a log flume on steroids. Half fun, half scary.
Especially with how they get dropped into the water at the start! That looks so scary and also maybe kinda fun in a log flume sort of way.

USA gets silver in artistic swimming first medal since 2004 when they took bronze.
Spain took the bronze, France finished 4th.
China finished with the gold as was expected.

Also the Americans are dominating in track today.

USA gets silver in artistic swimming first medal since 2004 when they took bronze.
Spain took the bronze, France finished 4th.
China finished with the gold as was expected.

Also the Americans are dominating in track today.
I really hope the USA artistic swimming team can maintain this momentum for LA '28. I'm so excited for them.

They won gold in 1996, the very first time they had the team competition after discontinuing the solo competition after Barcelona.
I think we are going to see a lot of effort towards a home Olympics.

The US has always struggled a bit with artistic swimming primarily due to gymnastics and diving being ncaa sports. And the need to have a team based in one place, training together. For the same reasons, RG, especially RG Group.
but I imagine that with a silver medal, a home Olympics on the horizon and uncertainty about the participation of Russia, will mean this group stays together

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back