Other Olympic Sports--Articles and Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I don't know if we discussed it here, but I feel like it goes against the spirit of the Olympics to have a convicted pedo rapist, especially when we have a lot of young teens present (Hezly, the women (or girl) skateboarders, a couple of the swimmers). Yes, he's sequestered away, but still. And shame on the Netherlands federation for sending him.
Its just outrageous I think

It is. But I am enjoying that the crowd has been booing him at the matches.

Reactions: JDB
The disparity on him being there and Shoko Miyata being sent home. 😫

I'm enjoying a replay of the kayak cross and it looked like two of them were about to start jousting. Either way, it is a bit like snowboard cross that if you get to the front at the start, that is 90% of the battle there. Wish there was a better way to keep parity through more of the race but it is still fun. Now they just need a kayak/canoe relay and I bet they can keep that venue hopping every day of the olympics. (Kayak/Canoe was going to be on my cut-from-the-olympics list because of the very fancy venue required but they do get a lot of use out of it, unlike the bmx stuff)

Watching some Track and Field (the other TF) and I like how the high jump poles light up green when they clear the bar--probably helpful for anyone trying to watch from the nose bleed seats. (I've never been to anything in a stadium like this so I don't know what they can see or if they have TVs for closeups)

The men’s 100m final is going to be WILD today. 12 men broke 10 seconds in the semi. Usually it’s only 6 or 7.

Watching the swimming medley relays and they are going to be storing that pee from the men's for the max amount of time and putting it through every single possible test. Cuz, wow. The last guy for china went like .5 faster than his world record 100 free which itself was like .40 seconds faster than the previous record (also held by him). Crazy.

Watching the swimming medley relays and they are going to be storing that pee from the men's for the max amount of time and putting it through every single possible test. Cuz, wow. The last guy for china went like .5 faster than his world record 100 free which itself was like .40 seconds faster than the previous record (also held by him). Crazy.
But it's normal to go faster in a relay, right? Because they don't have to react to the gun?

But it's normal to go faster in a relay, right? Because they don't have to react to the gun?
Generally yeah, but it was apparently the fastest relay split of all time. Either way, with China's recent history, that is going to be a well tested specimen (especially, I would think, since France came in 3rd and would be interested in an upgrade if anything fishy is discovered).

I watched women’s high jump tonight. It’s nuts how high they can jump! I know it’s right there in the name, but 2m is a ridiculous height for a human to boing themselves over.

I watched women’s high jump tonight. It’s nuts how high they can jump! I know it’s right there in the name, but 2m is a ridiculous height for a human to boing themselves over.
Mahuvchikh way underperformed tonight as well! She set a world record that was 10cm higher just a month ago.

Ethan Katzberg (CAN) followed up his '23 world championship win with an Olympic gold in hammer throw.

The Brazilian beach volleyball team beat the Netherlands team with the nonce.

• Love
Reactions: JDB
I didn't realize that Women's football team Canada was caught spying with drones on other teams.
They were docked 6 points, but still made it to the knockout group but were eliminated.

Why didn't they just disqualify the team?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back