MyKayla Skinner Olympic participation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think the old regulars recognize that emotions get heated before and during the big meets! Let’s take a deep breath and remember.

A post was deleted. That post went way too far. If you have concerns about bullying or some member causing harm to others please contact an administrator/Moderator.

Last edited:
Also, let us not pretend that Skinner is a completely changed woman. She did not learn her lesson from 2016. She is still liking tweets saying she should have been on the team or that she was robbed from the team.

zelvcnybey771.png

5btjblyaey771.png

We know she feels that Tom was not transparent with team selection criteria so this isn’t exactly surprising. It’s not the most mature thing to do, no. I don’t care though. She’s doing her thing and it’s all whatever.

If people don’t care for the tone here and want to go somewhere where things are discussed differently, no problem. They’re entitled to that view and course of action. Not everything is for everyone, and that’s fine. Fwiw I think there has been some barrel scraping on here wrt Skinner.

What? This is the only gymnastics forum on which I even post in recent years. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. I actually really dislike sloppy execution and generally prefer cleaner gymnastics… potentially unlike the person with whom you have me confused. I feel that the current code does not properly balance execution/artistry and difficulty, but it is the code we have.

I pressed like on the above post because I could see the poster was being piled on. It does not indicate liking the “white guilt” portion of the comment, with which I disagree.

Last edited:
Multiple people calling you out is indicative that those people think you are wrong. Saying you are liking something you don’t agree with is confusing. Liking it says you agree with it!!

Reactions: L_R
The part of the comment I like: " It seems to be part of the culture of this board to drag Mykayla as much as possible. It’s annoying, has become old"

The part of the comment I do not like- the white guilt thing

There is no half-like button, or complex reaction button. I find it likely that you’ve all chased that poster away as is, as was potentially the goal.

Let’s all stop and take a deep breath. Before you hit post, read it and really think hard. Can you post be construed as attacking someone, even if that wasn’t your intent? Can you post be construed as insulting someone or a group of people? Are you just arguing in circles?

(I go offline for a few hours…)

y’all just really should have come to my skinner side of things

6665948-skinner.png

does anyone think this something that happens with someone else though? I feel mykayla has a number of things that make her kind of an easy villain, but I agree it’s been a lot lately. But somebody said it happens with other gymnasts and I’d be curious to know who are they thinking, cause that’s not my experience. I´d pick the hate targets of this board as: 1- mykayla / 2- wolf turns / 3- fig

Gabby for sure had her detractors in 2016.

Only by Skinner Stans tho.

Gabby was by far the superior pick for 2016.

And the irony of those same Skinner Stans trying to use the “highest scoring team” argument now for 2021, and the “bUt ShE cAmE 4tH Aa!!11!!” In 2016

Last edited:
And it wasn’t just when the team was picked. They continued to pick apart every move she made. I remember a long thread on another forum ripping her for not having her hand over her heart while the anthem played, how she “sat” in the stands while her teammates competed in finals…

Which was underlying racism to suggest that a person of color’s natural hair cant be pretty.

As we have seen that is more an overall issue as it is not just in elite gymnastics but NCAA where the micro aggressions often are displayed.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back