MyKayla Skinner Olympic participation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah…yikes

Has she never done a Chusovitina either???

I’m more impressed she’s never figured to stretch that one out because she can do a skanky full-in in her sleep.

Last edited:
Like what is seriously the skill progression??? Double back → full in → twistier full in → twistier full in on a torture rack???

It’s no spider in a dryer but she is trying SOMETHING new 😅

Reactions: L_R
Delusional coaches. Skinner’s only real chance is vault finals.

Hold Up Stop GIF

Lucky for us that happened when execution scores were much more lenient than they are now, and also because the 4th all-arounder was Madison Kocian.
There is plenty of buffer with Lee and Chiles and hopefully a 4 for 4 Grace. Not to mention that if Carey is 100% healthy an hitting her UB and BB are better executed than Skinner and her FX score is 1 point higher. Though at this point I wonder if Carey is going to focus only on vault with her nagging injury.

IIRC she had an elbow injury that prevented her from doing bars.

I think she hyper extended her elbow while training for the Pan American Championships and had to withdraw from that meet. She went to the World Selection camp and didn’t do bars. I believe Marta told her not to do bars at all to protect her elbow as they were covered on bars with Kocian and Locklear. Which made her a perfect compliment to Locklear who only did bars and beam. Obviously Baumann’s strength was beam so she was used over Locklear.

My main question was why didn’t Locklear do beam over Skinner in team qualifications as it was a better executed routine with almost the exact same start value. Maybe Locklear fell off beam at camp and Skinner didn’t, that I can’t recall.

Seriously! Poor Maggie could have been a double World gold medalist.

Would Nichols have replaced Skinner though? I would assume she would have replaced Baumann because of similar strengths. Skinner was coming off of 2nd place finishes on vault and floor at Nationals.

VT: (Kocian, Ross) Nichols, Skinner, Biles
UB: (Biles, Nichols/Ross) Nichols/Ross, Kocian, Locklear
BB: (Skinner/Locklear, Kocian) Nichols, Biles, Ross
FX: (Kocian, Ross) Nichols, Skinner, Biles

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back