Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Jordan Bowers and Raydel Gamboa (OU Gymnastics) are engaged

Attachments

• IMG_5368.jpeg
    IMG_5368.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 74
What does any of this have to do with gymnastics exactly?
I suspect you actually know the answer to your own question, but for those that do not, Jennifer Sey is a former US Champion with continued ties to the gymnastics world. The promo content and article show Sey working with a gymnast and mentions her background a little. I believe that is why the information was shared here.

I suspect you actually know the answer to your own question, but for those that do not, Jennifer Sey is a former US Champion with continued ties to the gymnastics world. The promo content and article show Sey working with a gymnast and mentions her background a little. I believe that is why the information was shared here.
I was not referring to the initial post (which the original poster edited for bias?) but the subsequent posts. Which are not in my opinion, appropriate or relevant to the nature of the board.

I was not referring to the initial post (which the original poster edited for bias?) but the subsequent posts. Which are not in my opinion, appropriate or relevant to the nature of the board.
I did not edit my initial post for bias. I edited to add an additional thought. I did this about a minute after posting the initial message, and it did not substantially change the content of the post.

Having talked with some of the moderators, I'd like to make the following statement about some of the understandable questions raised in this thread about application of forum rules

In this forum, trans members should not feel excluded from their own gender / sex. Therefore, it's not "political" for a member to point out that recent, newsworthy content explicitly uses the word “women” to such exclusion.

Also, while the participation of trans athletes in sports has indeed become political, there are also practical, apolitical reasons that a gymnastics community, including Gymnaverse, might want to engage in nuanced dialogue about it. That would theoretically happen in its own thread and presuppose a respect for trans people's identities but also a willingness to discuss politely, neither using the "no politics" rule to shut it down nor degrading people who have reasoned arguments that you disagree with.

Ksenia Semenova posted this on her instagram story and I’m fairly sure it’s Alisa Zaitseva

Here in Russia there is going to be a new television drama series called “Games”. I believe it will be set in the 1970s and each episode will cover a different sport.

Angelina Melnikova initially auditioned to be the stunt double for the gymnast character. But they were impressed with her acting ability, so she is playing the main role too! I don’t yet know when it’s going to be televised.

This is the photo from the press release. Some of the comments she received was asking if they made her put wool in her hair yet, which I think you’ll all appreciate!

Attachments

• IMG_5446.jpeg
    IMG_5446.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 49
Here in Russia there is going to be a new television drama series called “Games”. I believe it will be set in the 1970s and each episode will cover a different sport.

Angelina Melnikova initially auditioned to be the stunt double for the gymnast character. But they were impressed with her acting ability, so she is playing the main role too! I don’t yet know when it’s going to be televised.

This is the photo from the press release. Some of the comments she received was asking if they made her put wool in her hair yet, which I think you’ll all appreciate!
That Leo needs to be brought back. Emblem and all.

That Leo needs to be brought back. Emblem and all.
Transnistria just entered the chat.

Any new use of USSR symbols is banned here for any official governmental organisations. Can only be used for advertising, drama, memorabilia reproduction etc. So you could reproduce the leotard, but it couldn’t be worn in any competition.

But also a gentle reminder that the symbols of the USSR do not have the same quirky appeal in many former USSR and eastern bloc countries as it does in the west. It was a brutal and oppressive regime.

Last edited:
But also a gentle reminder that the symbols of the USSR do not have the same quirky appeal in many former USSR and eastern bloc countries
My comment was only meant in jest. I’m very aware of the history. But thanks for the info.

Is she supposed to be Olga Korbut?
It made me remember this old movie from 1974.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back