Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I didn’t want to make a big deal but her mother did a check in for a visit to Texas. I decided to assume it was in conjunction with the camp but maybe they visited WOGA. The camp wasn’t in Frisco.
IMG_0721.jpeg

Unexpected, but she probably needed to make a move somewhere. Just not convinced WCC is the right place. So many elites, and I haven't been impressed with skill selection and routine construction. With Reese, I have visions (nightmares?) of them going the Roberson route of chucking as much difficulty as possible without addressing her underlying issues.

Unexpected, but she probably needed to make a move somewhere. Just not convinced WCC is the right place. So many elites, and I haven't been impressed with skill selection and routine construction. With Reese, I have visions (nightmares?) of them going the Roberson route of chucking as much difficulty as possible without addressing her underlying issues.
I’m not all that impressed with the Landis. Drill it down and their achievements are basically stopping Jordan Chiles from doing wolf turns and giving the world’s most talented gymnast the self confidence to learn a shap half.

Josc still can’t do bars, and still looks horrendous. Tiana still can’t do bars, and hasn’t progressed.

I feel like she would be better served long term to spend a year or two at a gym that has regular dance training, good bar coaching and a positive environment.

I feel like she would be better served long term to spend a year or two at a gym that has regular dance training, good bar coaching and a positive environment.
I'd love to know where this is! Kelli Hill? Not taking any more elites after DiCello. Twin City Twisters? I think Marchenko's group might have been a good fit but alas. I do think the Landis have something to say for the mental game they've provided their athletes, as these are gymnasts I least expect to dramatically injure themselves or make weird mistakes. But then you have Biles in 2021 and Roberson in 2023, neither of which are directly the Landis fault of course, but you can't prepare a gymnast for every scenario or every short landing on vault. It's a rough sport.

I'd love to know where this is! Kelli Hill? Not taking any more elites after DiCello. Twin City Twisters? I think Marchenko's group might have been a good fit but alas. I do think the Landis have something to say for the mental game they've provided their athletes, as these are gymnasts I least expect to dramatically injure themselves or make weird mistakes. But then you have Biles in 2021 and Roberson in 2023, neither of which are directly the Landis fault of course, but you can't prepare a gymnast for every scenario or every short landing on vault. It's a rough sport.
I do appreciate the Landis playing the long game with certain athletes and not rushing upgrades. The way Caylor describes her plan for the coming years (for example) reflects realistic expectations and no inflation of possibilities on behalf of her coaches, which is admirable.

I’m not all that impressed with the Landis. Drill it down and their achievements are basically stopping Jordan Chiles from doing wolf turns and giving the world’s most talented gymnast the self confidence to learn a shap half.

Josc still can’t do bars, and still looks horrendous. Tiana still can’t do bars, and hasn’t progressed.
I agree with you, but have we ever seen a coach take a gymnast with terrible bars basics and made them look acceptable?

Marchenko hasn't been able to fix Lincoln's weak bars.

I might beg Brian Carey to come back to coaching elites. He did amazing work with Jade's bars. In 2017, who would have expected her to ever swing elite bars, let alone do a really nice Bhardwaj? Then again, Jade had far better bars basics than Reese

IIRC, Jade had a solid all around set as a level 10 with nice level 10 bars; it's just a huge jump from level 10 bars to elite bars, and early on her time as an elite was naturally focused on upgrading the vault and floor she was recruited for.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back