Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I guess it must feel nice to have the closure of a retirement post, and some were obviously hoping to make it to Trials, but it still feels odd when we already knew they were moving on to NCAA. Maybe now because so many elites also do NCAA it's really a "I'm off to college and also not going to continue training elite skills" announcement...
Part of it is social media-driven, IMO.

So something like:

Nabieva + Pak
Van Leeuwen
Giant 1/2 + Straddled Jaeger + Bhardwaj + Maloney + Geinger
Toe 1/1 + 1/1 double back

Or maybe not directly connecting the Bhardwaj to Maloney

This is me guessing as a code baby. Please be nice

F + D (.2)
E
B + D + E + D + D (.1, .1 , .2)?
D + D (.1)

2 + .6 + .4 + .5 + .4 + .5 + .4 + .4 + .4 = 5.6
CV - .7
6.3?

So something like:

Nabieva + Pak
Van Leeuwen
Giant 1/2 + Straddled Jaeger + Bhardwaj + Maloney + Geinger
Toe 1/1 + 1/1 double back

Or maybe not directly connecting the Bhardwaj to Maloney

This is me guessing as a code baby. Please be nice

F + D (.2)
E
B + D + E + D + D (.1, .1 , .2)?
D + D (.1)

2 + .6 + .4 + .5 + .4 + .5 + .4 + .4 + .4 = 5.6
CV - .7
6.3?

I think you just forgot her dismount bonus +0.2 > 6.5. Just going on ~vibes~ it seems like her routine is just sorta undervalued relative to its difficulty. As great as her bars is it's missing things like in-bar elements and front giant pirouettes that really give you that juicy DV.

I wonder if she'll do the safer routine through quals and then throw the full in finals
I think it will depend if 1. She makes finals. 2. Who is in finals. 3. If she needs the "Lee" to win a medal.
If 3. is in place, I see her going for it.

I think it will depend if 1. She makes finals. 2. Who is in finals. 3. If she needs the "Lee" to win a medal.
If 3. is in place, I see her going for it.
Yeah, go big or go home. If she gets a near-the-end draw and knows what she needs to medal, that might also change the equation.

Agreed on the draw. Suni is a smooth competitor with multiple bars routines that she has practiced. If she is late in the line up she will know what she needs to do in order to get a medal. If she is 1st or 2nd up, I wonder the strategy.

She's probably going to need either the Lee or a Bhardwaj+VL connection to push for the podium. Shilese is looking likely to score 15 and there are some other big routines out there too. Becky was so close at Euros.

Depending on how everything is going, I hope she uses the team competition as a chance to get the Lee named. Most likely the team will have a large buffer and be able to absorb a fall from her, if she does end up falling on the Lee.

We just have to watch what she threw in Tokyo EF to remember that having a million different bar routine possibilities doesn't matter if the connections aren't there.
Was going to say the same thing. Having multiple permutations of a routine in the mix is playing with fire.

Apparently Nadia said something like she had a few different UB routines she could do and that contributed to her fall in Moscow Olympics. I think it was from an interview later on (not in 1980).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back