Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (5/29/24 Withdrawn from Nationals)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Covid positive to Covid negative in 6 days?
There is wide variation. And of course it matters how you test. The home antigen tests (which is what everyone is doing now) likely test negative sooner. But it is also not uncommon for people to test negative on day 6 say and then test positive again a day or so later.

IMG_0562.png

Old pictures from two gyms isn't exactly top notch detective work. Blue mats are carpets are super common in the US. Could be anywhere.

That was a guess based on the color of the floor. Metroplex has reportedly replaced the gray floor so maybe not.

OMG, this is the biggest mystery the gymnternet has ever tried to solve and I think I totally figured everything out.

First of all... Do you see the words "to work" and the black heart on the mat in Gabby's photo? That mat is at an older, lesser-known gym in Dallas called Lazy Cowgirls Gymnastics Center. It's run by Chelle Stack's mother's cousin. All of their mats say "We have an aversion to work" with a black heart. It's their gym motto and the black heart is only because the mat company ran out of pink ink. Lonnie (that's Chelle's mother's cousin's oldest daughter, who runs the gym on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays) was really mad but they kept the mats anyway. And now they just tell everyone that the black heart means "Yeeeehaaaawwww!" and that it's a Dallas thing.

And here's the other thing. Look at the chalk dust all over her grips bag. Do you see the lettering it forms in a spiral around the edge of the bag? It's literally a transcript of an argument she had with Valeri Liukin. I might have gotten a couple punctuation marks wrong, but here's what it said — check for yourself if you don't believe me:
"Gosh darn it, I have COVID, Valeri! I can't compete this weekend!"
"Meh, you weren't doing bars anyway. No biggie."
"But I was really excited to show people my Yurchenko full, a dance-through on floor with layouts for every pass, and a skeleton beam routine."
"It's okay. Next time."
"Okay, cool, see you back in the gym in Texas."
"Make sure to bring your checkbook. You still owe me $50 after losing that bet. I told you that Chellsie Memmel would tell you to stop doing the damn Ferrari on floor."
"Yeah, I probably missed out on AA finals against Ali Raisman in 2016 because of that element, too."
"Well, it certainly wasn't because she earned her bars score."
"Come on now, Valeri. You know how much I love Ali's bars. She had a very "folksy" swing."
"You totally should have cranked an Amanar that day."
"Amanar?! I told you never to say that word around me! You know that I dislike Simone Amanar ever since she wrote me that email asking why I stopped doing her vault and spelled my name 'Gabbi'"
"I don't remember you ever telling me that story. I only started coaching you a year ago, remember?"
"It's in my book. You should know everything in that book. That's it! I'm leaving the gym! Maybe they'll let me work out at Lazy Cowgirls Gymnastics Center."
What a story. And she still owes him $50!

Last edited:
Seriously, if she was asked to leave, then maybe she was somehow a disruptive presence in the gym.
Where do we see she was asked to leave?

So far in this tread we've had, "her mom did it (again)," "she didn't pay," and now "she was disruptive." Love to know where y'all are getting these hot takes and the evidence for them. Hey, maybe she was vulcan mind melded into leaving! If we are just supposing, I wanted to join.

Last edited:
Where do we see she was asked to leave?

So far in this tread we've had, "her mom did it (again)," "she didn't pay," and now "she was disruptive." Love to know where y'all are getting these hot takes and the evidence for them. Hey, maybe she was vulcan mind melded into leaving! If we are just supposing, I wanted to join.
Love the Star Trek reference!

Hence my post earlier! It's one thing to wonder, but another thing to hypothesize.

Guess I was just unlucky. Symptoms had cleared up after 4 days but was still testing positive ten days later.
Possible she didn’t test for a few days after it would have showed up.
Mine only tested positive for 4 days, too. It’s crazy how the virus affects everybody so differently.

Word is some of the other girls poured a bucket of pigs blood on Gabby as she mounted the bars. Gabby flipped out and burnt the gym down.

At least this is what I’ve heard.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back