Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (New goal: LA 2028)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Addressing her 2016 selection as being controversial was an awkward moment in the interview. But it’s interesting to hear how Gabby Douglas herself views it.

Last edited:
Douglas is going to November NT camp.

Camp is November 12-15th.

Last edited:
Very weird to say that I believe the 2012 Olympic AA champion has a better chance of making the 2024 team than the unretired gymnast still competing who won the same title a little over two years ago.
I honestly think Suni will keep going because of the whole 3 Olympic champions competing against each other thing. Even if she has no chance to make the team

Addressing her 2016 selection as being controversial was an awkward moment in the interview. But it’s interesting to hear how Gabby Douglas herself views it.
I’d guess it might form part of her branding and story going into 2024. Could work well if skilfully done.

Trying not to get too hyped and taking it with a grain of salt, but someone says her UB is 6.2-6.5 DV depending on connections, 6.3 BB, DTY, and an improved floor routine.
Source: Reddit - Dive into anything

Trying to link it, but it’s not working for me. Anyways it’s in the Douglas thread over on Reddit.

Last edited:
If that is indeed true and her sets are consistent, she’ll be making a very strong case for Paris.

Trying not to get too hyped and taking it with a grain of salt, but someone says her UB is 6.2-6.5 DV depending on connections, 6.3 BB, DTY, and an improved floor routine.
Source:

Trying to link it, but it’s not working for me. Anyways it’s in the Douglas thread over on Reddit.
Tbh, knowing the skills she is capable of, if her progress has been going remotely well and she has regained her old skills then those D scores are roughly what I’d expect her to be attempting on VT, UB, BB with reconstructed routines to fit this code. We’ll see how consistent she can be.

I’m curious about her FX and if she is capable of upgrading her tumbles or even just bringing back the 1.5 to triple which would massively help her D.

Last edited:
Is there going to be a verification at camp? I would guess not given the time of year, but I’m very, very curious to see what her routines are scoring.

For seniors, this camp is mostly for those who did not go to worlds or pan ams to get feedback. Juniors have the opportunity to verify for selection to Combs La Ville. I assume if a senior wanted to verify, there’s no reason they couldn’t, since judges will be there.

Free walkover + split jump + straddle DBB .2
Front pike E
FF + loso BC
Switch leap + switch 1/2 + back tuck CDC .3
Turn A
Back tuck 1/1 F
Switch ring E
FF + bhs + double pike BBE .1
FEEDCEDC 3.5 + 2.2 + .6 = 6.3
This seems like the likely 6.3 routine. It’s far higher than I thought it would be, using these skills

Free walkover + split jump + straddle DBB .2
Front pike E
FF + loso BC
Switch leap + switch 1/2 + back tuck CDC .3
Turn A
Back tuck 1/1 F
Switch ring E
FF + bhs + double pike BBE .1
FEEDCEDC 3.5 + 2.2 + .6 = 6.3
This seems like the likely 6.3 routine. It’s far higher than I thought it would be, using these skills
Will she get credit for the switch ring?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back