Chellsie Memmel’s Comeback

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It sounded from the twitter message like she’s not planning to attempt a Trials petition.

eta- I’ve just seen the declared 18. What’s the procedure for petitions, have they all been decided now?

Last edited:
I love that she is showing the progression from all falls and totally whiffing it to barely missing to fully catching. Great inspiration, especially for those who think other gymnasts just “get” skills (though a week? does actually seem pretty dang quick which is likely a testament to her talent and age/ability to figure out the requisite movements in an efficient way)

I liked her as a kid but I absolutely love her now. I agree, it’s educational for everyone that she is showing the progressions. She is also being incredibly open about her feelings, her joy and her frustrations. She is giving the public a window into training that no one ever has. Marta would have had a fit at a fraction of the things she has shown. I hope she makes worlds and medals. I also hope she continues to train because she is having such a positive influence on adults, kids, gymnasts older athletes, almost anyone who watches her on social media.

I actually had the thought when she posted her raw emotional video after nationals and not making trials that “whoa, I think she wants this more than she thought she did” (or more than she let on at least). She said it was all for the love of the sport and it can be, but I think her competitive nature is starting to come out again. Maybe not for the scores or the fame, but the personal challenge, and now the impact and role model she can be. I really expect her to stick around and make a major team again. It’s such a privilege to watch her journey and be brought into her world.

Before she hurt her ankle, I thought she had a chance of making the Olympic team. Her skills were coming back so high and so fast. She had also made significant progress on new skills.

Wow! I hope we see a full run through in a few months.

Love this routine!

I truly hope that we get to see this routine, and also Riley’s, in competition at some point because they are two of my favorites this year (along with Leanne’s).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back