Chat & Sidebar Site Upgrade!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

falcon9

Staff member
Defender
space working GIF by MOOT

The site has been upgraded with chat and a new menu system.

Please see the following image…

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 2.02.56 PM

Last edited:
  • Admin
Currently we are just testing chat for Worlds. We will see how it goes and the Gymnaverse @staff will talk about it from there on out.

Being able to reply very fast is something that is great… however… losing the concept of a forum (organized content) would be bad. I can see the chat feature working very well to compliment the site… it needs to do just that though… compliment the site… not take it over.

Do the chat’s archive? Is it just endless scroll? I like reading through the forum commentary if I miss a competition or don’t have the flipnow, will chat content “age out”?

(It will be interesting to see how it goes. I know during competitions we use the thread as a “chat” with half of us posting “nooo!” when a favorite falls on BB but those don’t really add all that much to the thread, I’ll admit.)

ETA: Sorry, more questions.
Who is able to create chats? Is there a process to request a chat creation? Like if we wanted to specifically discuss leotards during Worlds but didn’t want to create a thread or clutter up the chat or thread discussing the actual gymnastics (as an example, I don’t actually want that chat currently)

Last edited:
  • Admin
Do the chat’s archive? Is it just endless scroll? I like reading through the forum commentary if I miss a competition or don’t have the flipnow, will chat content “age out”?
Great questions…

Right now the chat is set to retain the conversation forever. Chat is a new feature with the software… however… there will be a way to “archive” (save forever) the chats. Say there is a “Worlds 2022” chat… when it is over we will be able to turn that into a regular thread and save it forever.

Right now… just the staff can create the chat channels.

Me too! I’m not good at noticing details (so I’m not sure how long certain changes have been in place) but I like the “vault into knowledge” motto/tagline.

Nice work @falcon9

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back