Canada WAG talk 2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

blake

Canada just released the selection procedure for Paris. I figured it would be useful to have a place to discuss team Canada. Olympic trials will be June 6-9th in Gatineau, Quebec. It looks like they had intended to compete in Cairo but pulled out.

Objectives:
1 individual medal and 2 EFs
Top 8 team
2 in AA final, 1 in top 12

Attachments

• GYM_-_OG_2024_-_SELECTION_PROCESS_-_FINAL_VERSION_red_line_16-01-2024 (1).pdf
    627.7 KB · Views: 331
I can't find a good link for it but Nick Ruddock just did a nice interview with Ellie on his gymnastics growth show podcast. Interesting to hear she's always been encouraged to do stuff outside the gym and did (does?) around 20 hours/wk which she partially credits with her longevity in the sport...

Elite Canada was this past weekend. No Ellie Black. Padurariu withdrew from day 2 with a possible foot injury. Olsen did AA with a 9.85 on bars on day. Another bars flub meant Ava Stewart came second to Denommée on day 2. No AA for Aurelie Tran either day.

Even with Black, I don't see where Canada is going to find 2 other 13+ bars options. It's early in the season, but that's something to watch for as we get closer to Paris.

Better hope Tran gets healthy and consistent. Maybe beg Emma Spence to give Paris a run, because at least she can consistently score mid-12s.

Better hope Tran gets healthy and consistent. Maybe beg Emma Spence to give Paris a run, because at least she can consistently score mid-12s.
Apparently Tran landed on her head on beam at some point last weekend. Hopefully concussion protocols were done.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back