Brody Malone (2023 injury updates)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Did it sound to you like he’s going to be able to do AA at Champs? That was my understanding.

Last edited:
I thought he could, I thought he said he is cleared to do FX and VT now

Brody posted on IG that he’s allowed to do releases on the HB now. Looks like he’s making sure to do easier stuff or things he can land on his back. Wearing a knee brace too.

Fred managed to earn a medal that eluded Brody and aim sure he wanted an AA medal. Khoi has done very well also. If Asher ever gets his gymnastics under control he would be a force. Yul added difficulty and is a valuable team leader. Paul Juda managed to make finals too. I wonder how much of a place there will be for Brody?

Last edited:
I wonder how much of a place there will be for Brody?
I’m sure he’s not retiring after this quad. He’ll be back in the top group once he’s fully healed. The only question is whether that time comes before or after Paris.

Brody posted on IG that he’s allowed to do releases on the HB now. Looks like he’s making sure to do easier stuff or things he can land on his back. Wearing a knee brace too.

Fred managed to earn a medal that eluded Brody and aim sure he wanted an AA medal. Khoi has done very well also. If Asher ever gets his gymnastics under control he would be a force. Yul added difficulty and is a valuable team leader. Paul Juda managed to make finals too. I wonder how much of a place there will be for Brody?
I have not gotten this far in my wonderings. Wow, what a tough one! who gets knocked out? hmm…

Last edited:
I think if Malone is back to full difficulty he would replace Moldauer unfortunately.

Hong, Juda, Richard, and Young are a strong core team. Malone would benefit to the team on PH, SR, PB, HB for sure. He doesn’t really need floor or vault. However, Malone would be likely a lock if he can get close to 15 on HB and strong pommels. He would be in the top 3 on still rings most likely as well.

Vault and Floor are more than covered by the other 4 guys.

It does seem like Yul and Paul would be the most in danger of not making the team. We need to put numbers against numbers to see how it falls out.

MAG is having much more shake-ups this quad than WAG in the U.S., with Biles, Jones, Wong, and Blakely all having been eligible for Tokyo. Roberson has been the only 2021 junior to break through to a major team. Juda was eligible for Tokyo too, but Hong and Richard as the core AAers is a big shift, and Young came out of nowhere at least to me, but I see that he was indeed eligible for Tokyo too.

I’m not doing the numbers the way some people are, and I don’t dislike Brody the way some people do. But I can’t imagine if he’s healthy that he wouldn’t benefit the team.

You Americans crack me up. People hate on Brody Malone because of his standard American right of centre political views and his bit of a bro personality

Ok.
Now imagine your whole MAG Olympic team thought that it would be a fun team activity to sponsor a drone for use in war crimes.

Oh, wait…

Last edited:
52 posts in this thread and Malone’s politics weren’t mentioned once. No one said anything about disliking him or his politics at all. The above three posts are the only ones suddenly talking about it.

This is why I try to ignore the personal lives and opinions of athletes and other public figures. I don’t want to know their politics, their favorite color/breakfast cereal, etc. I’m judgmental, so it’s best I be none the wiser. Sometimes I accidentally learn things, but my goldfish brain usually forgets.

The above three posts are the only ones suddenly talking about
Malone’s political views are frequently discussed/criticised on the gymternet and often influences people’s opinion on his gymnastics and on team selection. I’ve never known any other gymnast to be held to such scrutiny for what are, to my knowledge, entirely mainstream political views

Malone’s political views are frequently discussed/criticised on the gymternet and often influences people’s opinion on his gymnastics and on team selection.
No one was talking about it in this thread, so why the random defense of his politics in a place where no attack was taking place? It’s been about a year since Malone’s politics have been talked about at all on this message board.
I’ve never known any other gymnast to be held to such scrutiny for what are, to my knowledge, entirely mainstream political views
lol.

Last edited:
Even when not said Brody’s political views are frequently the subtext. Ive heard things the past week about him. I’ve heard it so often I state right up front that if I picked the team it wouldn’t influence me. He’s young and has a lot of maturing to do. He came from a place and people I understand even though I don’t agree with them. Life is long and he may yet change his mind. He is well liked by the other guys too.

Last edited:
Even when not said Brody’s political views are frequently the subtext. Ive heard things the past week about him. I’ve heard it so often I state right up front that if I picked the team it wouldn’t influence me. He’s young and has a lot of maturing to do. He came from a place and people I understand even though I don’t agree with them. Life is long and he may yet change his mind. He is well liked by the other guys too.
Well said. A lot of the criticism he receives is not dissimilar to how people reacted to Mykayla Skinner, yet like Brady, she was popular amongst her teammates

No one was talking about it in this thread, so why the random defense of his politics in a place where no attack was taking place? It’s been about a year since Malone’s politics have been talked about at all on this message board.
I’m not defending his politics at all. I’m defending his right to hold what are to my knowledge, legitimate views ie he isn’t any sort of extremist. As @rlayt said, there is always that subtext when he is discussed and there really shouldn’t be. It’s not that difficult to read between the lines.

I reviewed and deleted a few posts in this thread. I also checked in with a few people.

it’s fine to acknowledge an athlete’s political views if it’s relevant to the thread’s topic. The time it came up a year ago was in the middle of a thread about 2022 Worlds, though.

It’s funny because I can’t put a finger on where it first got too far in this thread — it just sort of gradually got away from the topic. So @dweiss324 even though your comment was pretty innocuous, it was the first one, so I blame you. 🙂

All kidding aside, we’re doing okay — let’s just keep things on topic best we can. A little meta-discussion is okay, but let’s not jump at each other for it. Let’s be generous with each other.

Back to Brody’s recovery… I agree that it may be Moldauer who doesn’t get to go to Paris, which I dislike. Sigh…

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back