British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m not GB have any other options right now, weren’t the announced team basically the only ones who attended any trials apart from Taeja?

Yikes

I wonder if Simm or Achampong would be considered given their recent competition at Varna.
Achampong would benefit from the experience at Worlds especially given that she might be a potential 2022 World team member.

I think Varna was an official trial, but I may be wrong.
Ondine would make sense. With CWG and Euros within days of each other next year, they are going to need some gymnasts with at least a bit of international experience.

Taeja trialled but didn’t have great scores.
Apart from Simm and Achampong (as mentioned upthread, may be injured…), I wonder where are Annie Young, Alia Leat, Halle Hilton etc?

If half our worlds team are Ruby and someone from that list then God help us.

Looking at the last scores for floor and vault which are the pieces they have to fill then Alia Leat and Megan Bridge are their two best options. I have seen both in the recent photos of senior squad.

It feels like recently on here and Reddit when discussing British gymnasts people will just throw in names of girls they went to school with. Megan Bridge? Lol. I had to look her up. It seems she does exist and has already been a senior for about four years.

The post Olympic depth is disastrous.

Ellie where are you? Fuck it, can Amelie skip a week and do her NCAA routines at Worlds?

Tbf, Megan Bridge is a bit more obscure. She turned senior in 2017 (?) and has never been in GB squad before, even as a junior (I think). However, she has been in the England Squad and has competed internationally a few times.

For anyone interested, these were the attendees at the latest GB senior squad:
  • Ondine Achampong (Aylesbury)
  • Megan Bridge (GymMagic)
  • Becky Downie (Notts)
  • Claudia Fragapane (Bristol Hawks)
  • Jennifer and Jessica Gadirova (Aylesbury)
  • Halle Hilton (Pipers Vale)
  • Taeja James (Notts)
  • Alice Kinsella (Park Wrekin)
  • Alia Leat (Heathrow)
  • Lucy Lewis (Park Wrekin)
  • Kelly Simm (Dynamo)
  • Ruby Stacey (Plymouth Swallows)
  • Annie Young (TNAG)
    Notably missing were Ellie Downie (who was on holiday) and Jessica Daykin. Photos also showed Colin Still and potentially Amanda Reddin, who are both allegedly being investigated.

Photos also showed Colin Still and potentially Amanda Reddin
WHY ARE THEY THERE?!?!?!?!

GO AWAY!!! It is so horrendously inappropriate to rock up to these camps when you’re under investigation.

Last edited:
Claudia Fragapane (Bristol Hawks)
Did Frags hurt her ankle at this camp or at home training?

Gutted for her. She was obviously trying to upgrade so that she could make it into FX EF. She had the Chuso to Wolf back onto a 6 inch.

I got her name from the British in 19 where she came third on vault. If she went to school with me she would be the first gymnast to be simultaneously collecting a pension and attending British squad lol.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back